Russian Truckers Have Guts.

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by LindaPV, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    The difference is they are getting screwed and they know it, Here everyone is just in denial so we continue with the status quo.

finbyrd, rholl32 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  3. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    When I go to the truck stop and see a driver with 3 full grown dogs in his cab, a 600 lb guy who can barely get out of the seat, and a driver that hasn't brushed his hair or teeth since 1983.......I feel as though effective change will never materialize here.

4. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    I dunno, think Americans have bigger guts.

joseph1135, DUNE-T and BuckeyeKev Thank this.
  5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    It's mostly people from Dagestan, country next to Chechnya, who fought Russia in 90's to become independent.
    In America, they first build toll roads, then start charging for using them. In Russia, they did it differently, they implemented tolls on already existing roads and said money from tolls will be used to repair roads, but everybody knows that it's not gonna happen, because money will get stolen, like they usually are. Especially this toll thing is being controlled by one of the Putin's closest friends

6. Polarbear

Polarbear Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2007
    USA
    Electronic on-board recorders and cameras that face the driver keep truckers in the USA under more surveillance than sexual predators. Truckers are treated like criminals. The parking situation is disgusting. Truckers are treated like trash by society and the very people they work for on a regular basis. There have been successful trucker organized protests in several different countries around the world over far less than the US truckers have had to deal with, but in the US, truckers aren't organized, don't have any representation (except the OOIDA which barely has any members), and just keep putting up with more fees and more ridiculous laws day after day.

There should have been a trucker shutdown in the USA 15 years ago. But since no one can stick together, nothing will change. No one will respect truckers, and the powers that be will keep pushing more and more regulations down our throats because we wont do anything about it.

7. Rookmon1

Rookmon1 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    This article came up today, pretty interesting....

8. Rookmon1

Rookmon1 Bobtail Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Dayton, OH
    In A Rare Protest, Russian Truckers Rally Against Putin's Highway Tax

http://n.pr/1PiBOlz

I don't have a prob with capitalism and accumulation of wealth, per say, but there is a time and season to open the hand to the poor and working brethren: releasing from debts and burdens every 7 years would be lawful and decent, for example, but covetousness is despicable.

9. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Interesting....and more power to em!

Has it ever happened here? Anywhere else on earth for that matter??

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.