RV Transport Equipment ??

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Beatriz Andrade, Jul 24, 2015.

1. lastone in

lastone in Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Plano, TX.

There is a little blip in late August, early September as the manufactures offer incentives to dealer to clear the manufactures lots of completed units. It will pick back up in late January/ mid February and run until mid to late May.

This was a big year for drive-away. Not only in RV’s but in commercial vehicles as well, (think UPS trucks and such). I did two caravans of 15 trucks each to Texas for Frito Lay.

mickimause Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kendall

kendall Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2010
    crescent oklahoma
    How much do you get a mile for rv transport

4. Dodge277

Dodge277 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    The rate fluctuates with fuel pricing.
    It also changes with zones, driveaway, towable, and if towable , then size of what's being towed. Slow as heck now and rates towable seem to average 1.20 per mile. I drive flat bed which rates are different on multiples, also odds of back haul increase dramatically.

mickimause Thanks this.
  5. lastone in

Apr 5, 2014
    Plano, TX.
    H
    He's right... its a ghost town around Elkhart. I'm heading back to Tx. on Sat. As far as drive away pay - .$77 - .$93 a mile. The lowest was $.43 on a run from TX to Elkhart for someones warranty repair at the manufacture. As a rule there are very few reloads for drive away.

6. kendall

kendall Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2010
    crescent oklahoma
    Thanks I was interested in tow away is there other campany that do tow away That don't do campers but anything thanks

7. Dodge277

Dodge277 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    Goshen/ Elkhart is mostly RV hauling companies as far as trucking/ towable.
    The rates towable are generally 1.20 up to 1.80 depends on fuel costs,
    and regardless company , its about the same.
    It was going well this winter /spring but suddenly died recently. Hope it comes back soon..

I'm sure there are all kinds of other options out there, as stuff has to get from place to place. No idea what it pays.
    if this keeps up may need look into it.

8. lastone in

Apr 5, 2014
    Plano, TX.
    This is normal. During the summer months there is not much to deliver. All of the completed units are on the dealer lots. It will have a short lived blip in Aug/Sep. and then dead until mid Jan.

9. Dodge277

Dodge277 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    yeah it always slows, but to zero ghost town level seems a bit more than usual.

it actually picked back up slightly now. i got plenty to do again.

10. lastone in

Apr 5, 2014
    Plano, TX.

A lot of the seasonal guys, (myself included) are heading home. Driving in the middle of summer is just not that much fun. Stay busy!

mickimause Thanks this.
  11. Dodge277

Dodge277 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2016
    yeap understood, and thanks.

I normally wouldn't care much after a busy spring, but just had to unexpectedly replace a rear end, and fan clutch / bearing assembly.
    plus trans was tired , which was expected expense so did that too.

So a few thousands into the truck , or if they own a new truck, several thousand y into a fund to repair replace it, fairly regularly is always one of those things that needs factored in when people are looking at this as a job.

Makes Drive away sound better at times LOL
    If i was semi retired i'd consider it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.