RV Transport to Northeast?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by RADguard9, Aug 9, 2015.

1. RADguard9

RADguard9 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Hello all,

Looking to get into rv/car transport with a shipshe/mo semi-lowboy style trailer with a single axle CL8 truck after I hang my uniform (Army) up for the final time.

I live in NH so being able to get backhauls to Elkhart, IN on the way to pick up rvs would be important to me to cut down on deadheading. I'm not opposed to traveling in any direction once I get to Elkhart but would like to be able to have out bound and in bound from home on a weekly (or so) basis. I'm not opposed to freight either so would keep that option open as well to get loaded.

What are your experiences with getting out bound and in bound loads from the Elkhart, IN to the Northeast?

Thank you!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. XCELERATIONRULES

XCELERATIONRULES Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Where you going to park?
    Traffic and tolls seriously cut into your profits.Need $5 per mile,to even be worth it.
    Im under forced dispatch and turn down that crap.
    Made $60 in two days,being stuck at shipper and traffic and tolls..NO THANKS!

4. RADguard9

RADguard9 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    The single axle tractor and trailer will help with tolls and would try to avoid the big cities like the plague! ha ha

5. RADguard9

RADguard9 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Hello all,

Sorry for the duplicate thread but after I posted my original thread (Northeast) I realized I didn't enter a very descriptive subject title (can't edit) for my question so here I go again.

Looking to get into rv/car transport out/in of Elkhart, IN with a single axle shipshe/mo lowboy semi style trailer with a single axle CL8 truck after I hang my uniform (Army) for the final time.

I live in NH so being able to get backhauls to Elkhart, IN on the way to pick up rvs would be important to me to cut down on deadheading. I'm not opposed to traveling in any direction once I get to Elkhart but would like to be able to have out bound and in bound from home on a weekly (or so) basis. I'm not opposed to freight either so would keep that option open as well to get loaded.

What are your experiences with getting out bound and in bound rv/car loads from Elkhart, IN to the Northeast? Are there enough to warrant myself getting into this type of business?

Thanks again!

6. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Getting back hauls would depend on what company in particular you leased onto, or if you went totally independent. Many of them RV companies won't just allow you to find freight on your own. They figure it's their authority and insurance. So even though it's your truck they pretty much say what goes on it. Some other will let you find backhauls, but you have to let them know about and approve it. And they still get a cut, even though you found the load. I'd been looking into RV transport awhile back....but the relatively high percentage of empty miles kind of scared me off.

RADguard9 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.