Rv transporting companies?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Krazy Cajun, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Krazy Cajun

Krazy Cajun Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Hey everyone, I am looking to get into transporting rv's. I have been looking at a couple different ones like horizon transport and Indiana transport. Doesn't matter if I only haul rv's or if I haul Regualr trailer, horse trailers, ect...... Another thing I'm looking at is a back haul. A lot of companies don't have many back hauls. So if anyone could help me out that would be great!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Krazy Cajun

Krazy Cajun Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2016
    And also looking into Bennett

4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Long time ago I drove new ones for delivery and sometimes I could get a Ryder repo as a semi-return. Those Indiana companies are hurting, seen them on CL in Tucson looking for drivers.

5. lastone in

lastone in Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Plano, TX.
    We been all over this before. No one, at the end of the day can convince anyone that, as a full time trucking job recreational vehicle delivery is a good decision. You may come across a few who make a fair living at it, but at the end of the day too much overhead and no future in RV delivery holds it back as a good career choice. As a sessional, part time job for retirees and part time workers - it’s great.

I have been doing drive-away for the past 2 months and I am all ready to end my tenure in about 3-6 weeks, (mid June).

6. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Curious if you can do this with the bed off the truck? This way you can change the truck into sort of a carhauler/ramp truck----for backhauls while still being able to tow 5th wheels and tag a long trailers.

7. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    I think there is a couple of guys on here that have been set up the way you're talking about. I think it's called a "Tow Haul" set up. I'm sure someone that knows more about that will chime in soon.

8. IndianaRVhauler

IndianaRVhauler Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Says no money in it but I'm trying it to

9. MONT74

MONT74 Heavy Load Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I know several people that haul rvs, and they all make great money. It's just like any other trucking job. You need to treat it as a business and plan accordingly if you want to get ahead.

CoyoteExpress Thanks this.
  10. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I tried it for a couple of years, Did I make good money? Yes,,,,,,,Did I like living and sleeping in a pickup to do it? NO!!!

averynlynlee Thanks this.
  11. averynlynlee

averynlynlee Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2017
    How's Pinnacle in Elkhart?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.