Sabra in Colonial Heights, VA

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by WalterSobchak, Feb 1, 2016.

1. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Medium Load Member

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    My appointment was for 11:30am. They finished loading at 4:30am.

I pull a reefer and am 100% live load/unload, waiting is part of the game, I get it. I have more respect for a shipper that just tells me the load won't be ready for approximately X hours. That gives me the chance to settle in without feeling on edge that Im about to get loaded. Sabra wouldn't hardly tell me anything, mostly just vague reassurances they were doing the best they can.

After approximately 8 hours of waiting, I turned my tv off and shut my curtains to try napping. Not 30 minutes later they called with a door assignment. Curtains open, pants and shoes back on, I'm FINALLY gonna get loaded.... NOPE, another 9 hours of waiting!

Im personally switching to Tribe hummus.

true blue Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    When you start to see how much time is wasted in a truck waiting to get loaded & unloaded it is really bad from a production stand point. I wasted 9 hours between loading & unloading on a 50 mile delivery ridiculous. I've been doing this for 10 years. Lately I have been looking into other areas to make a change. It has just been to much lost time sitting & laying in a truck.

4. WalterSobchak

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Yeah, this load was only going 170 miles and was the last load of the trip. I delivered earlier that morning near there. This load was just to save some deadhead back home. The delivery appointment was for 6am at a grocery dc. Obviously not getting on the road until nearly 5am meant it was late. Luckily it wasnt much of an issue, I was in and out at the dc in less than 3 hours which is typically the wait for an on time delivery there.

5. true blue

true blue Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Walter, you've GOT to get your company to force these customers to pay for your time after a certain amount of free time. Shouldn't be anymore than 2 hrs as far as I'm concerned. Then the clock ticks for me - I try to get absolute minimum $50 to as much as $120 hr. Situation (mostly truck availability or HOT/RUSH loads or expedited loads) dictates the rate.

WalterSobchak Thanks this.
  6. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    What broker gave you that load?

7. WalterSobchak

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    I'm always leary about saying anything on here my company might not want me putting out there. I know our logistics person and the broker were well aware of the wait though. I will complain about Sabra because they weren't our direct customer and detention or not, I doubt we will ever go back there.

Regardless of detention, I'm annoyed that Sabra kept playing it as if I would be loaded at anytime. It's not like 17 hours is some fluke wait. They had to know how insanely behind they were and just chose not to say so.

8. true blue

Jul 13, 2011
    Harrisburg, NC
    Right. Well, thanks for letting us know that will be a place we will never go to.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.