Safety Blitz 2015 June 2 to 4

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by trucker82, May 25, 2015.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I hate how we have to go through all this #### in order to prove our innocence ... Am I the only one who thinks this is backwards??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Yeah I thing you have two hours to provide a sample. At least that's they its been when I do a prehire . but I still can't wrap my head around this as a drug and alcohol test is only mandatory for us driving?

4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Really, and just how do they come up with those numbers?
    I doubt the drug and alcohol portion is any different than 'road check' in Ontario anyway.

Can anyone find anything saying the have the right to demand a pee test?

5. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah its a total load of crap. Hopefully if the yellow lights are flashing I will get the usual quick log check then the go ahead. I'm really getting tired of this relentless bull #### ...

6. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The worst part about it. If you refuse, its considered a fail. How does that not read as guilty until proven innocent ??

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    If your company operates in the US you're subject to random pee testing. If they only operate in Canada you're not. I highly doubt MTO or other Cdn. 'DOT' has the right to demand a test without reasonable suspicion.

Could be different in the US as they are subject to randoms.

8. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    Just spoke with the officer at fort Erie scale and was told that MTO does not have a mandate or have qualified people to do a d and a test. He did state that both the opp and regional police will be partaking in the 2015 blitz as usual but has not heard of any mandatory testing here in Ontario for the 2015 blitz

tinytim and gokiddogo Thank this.
  9. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    MTO can only hold you and call a opp and or a regional officer to come and investigate his suspion of imparement.

10. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    On a side note ... You want to hear something about how they play their games? I remember hearing or reading that an officer must spend at least 60% of his shift time actually doing truck inspections. I can only assume this is determined by the time in time out on your inspection report. The last one I had was at Putnam eastbound. I had crossed the ambassador bridge with receipt at 5:30 pm. I cross Putnam at 7:45 or something. We do the level 1 and I go on my way, I am gone by shortly after 8. I read the report it says I was there from 7:00-8:10. Not possible ... But I guess he can say he inspected me for that long. I'm not saying I want them looking harder than that do but had I been stopped again how do I explain that??? Crossed bridge and made it 120 miles in 90 minutes?? So they play the same game we play, but in reverse ...

11. taxihacker66

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    It would be hard to argue his times for sure.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.