Saia Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TURKER, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ..I have seen more of their trucks here on I-5 lately pulling dbls & trpls with day cabs; haven't seen any SAIA trucks with a sleeper yet.. was surprised to see how many ofcs. they have for local/city delivery, even have one here in Eugene! If you go to their website & look under driver positions, local/city delivery, they have offices in just about all the major hubs out west & central.. I don't know if they are still active or not, u would have to call the number listed for that city to find out.

KBOOGIE Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimmymac1972

jimmymac1972 Light Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Eden NC
    The only sleeper tractors we have are team units. All line haul is day cabs. We stay in a motel or at home.

4. lebanonian

lebanonian Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2009
    lebanon in
    Saia i one of the worst companies to work for, they have no respect for thier drivers and are one of the most unorganized carriers in the industry

5. jimmymac1972

jimmymac1972 Light Load Member

May 18, 2009
    Eden NC
    You seem the only one to be bad mouthing them on this board. Believe me, I'm not a mindless company man but they have been the best I've worked for in 15 years....I think you just had a personal issue....

6. northbamatrucker

northbamatrucker Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I dropped off a load at the Decatur Alabama terminal last week. They all seem really nice. I might put in an application after I get my year in. :)

7. Driver287

Driver287 Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2009
    North Manchester, IN
    You've said that before, have you got any examples, There's an opening at the Fort Wayne Terminal I'm applying for (linehaul). You are the only one with something negative to say about Saia. Please fill me in if there is a reason I should not go for it. Jimmymac and others, thanks for you input.

8. SmokeMac

SmokeMac Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Saia is a good outfit if the frieght is there kepp your fingers crossed and hope it is

9. Crobinson1324

Crobinson1324 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Athens, Tn
    jimmymac1972, just wondering if you have any advice or a heads up for a future saia driver? i start system linehaul out of k-town next tuesday. any info will be appreciated. sorry cant pm... not enough posts yet

10. Armadillo

Armadillo Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Daytona, FL
    Based on what I read here, I filled out the 21 page online application. That felt like a days work.

11. KRAKAJACKJONSON

KRAKAJACKJONSON Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Clemmons NC
    How can team drivers get 5500 miles per week with 2 consecutive days off. I live in Winston salem nc and was considering your company.What kind of equipment do teams get, no air ? sleeper ?and how slow are they ? to get 5500 miles per week and 2 days off they would have to fly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.