sammons out of missoula, mt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by broncrider, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Bigrigin

Bigrigin Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Illinois
    Sounds like you must work for them, and as far as bad mouthing I really
    dont think telling people too research is bad mouthing, everything that i posted is what i found on this site by people that worked for them or people that talked too there o/o, just trying too help out my fellow drivers so they know what too look into, isn't that what this site is for ? This company might work for some and not for others, just think they sould research like FMCSA SAFETY STATS. Thanks for ur concern BIG JOHN and as for them not hiring me if you must know it was a speeding ticket from april 08 in a car, they ask if you have anything in the last 3 years and I don't, so that was there so called reason and thats tickets allmost 4 years old. So now after researching, this company would not work for me anyways I don't want too be a DOT magnet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    No never have worked for them and never will. I was just calling it like I read it you were pissed because they didn't hire you. A company does not have to give an applicant the reason for not hiring them. A four year old ticket I serious doubt was the real reason but who knows. Good Luck to you.

4. Bigrigin

Dec 18, 2011
    Illinois
    :biggrin_25521:
    Well Mr.Williams, I do believe you work for them, and that was the reason they gave me, I don't have 1 violation in a CMV or on my PSP maybe its my credit?, I seen something on another post about good credit, so if you need good credit why do they charge you 12% interest, that rate is for someone with bad credit, so I don't know, Maybe you can find the real reason. I sure would like too know, O wait I think I allready Know my safety record is too GOOD for what there looking for:biggrin_25523: . But anywho like i said not interested anymore, just do some research on there record and I think a lot of drivers that might of been interested will find them selfs not walking but running far away. And good luck too you too sir.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
    roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  5. kidus

kidus Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2011
    midland, mi
    Hey guys Happy New Year I was wondering if anyone knew if they hired up here in Michigan Ive been looking for a good lease purchase program. Have alot of flat bed exp in michigan 8 axles and B-trains O.T.R also

6. Bigrigin

Dec 18, 2011
    Illinois
    I think they hire all over, check out there website for more info, they also are on facebook. good luck

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    kidus Thanks this.
  7. kidus

kidus Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2011
    midland, mi
    well i talked to them they sound like a great company but my flatbed exp was back in 2002 to 2004 and alittle in 2008 and i guess do to insurance rules they couldnt use me bummer. But they were nice people and sound like a great company.

8. boom boom

boom boom Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well i can tell you i have two friend that are very happy there one is about to pay his off the only difference he doesn't sit and complain. He keeps moving . Why dead head . He says sammons give you the chance its up to you build your business and work it .

9. trucknmomx3

trucknmomx3 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Ironwood, MI
    Not heard about them firing owner ops, but am considering going to join their company. I spoke to Gene and he is very helpful,and allowing me time to make my final decision to join with them. I am thinking end of Feb.

10. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    When you have a chance give us a call and we can go over everything again and make sure we are a good fit for you. 800-457-2349.

11. woodman512

woodman512 Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2012
    lacona,ny
    Hello sammonsrecruiter. I'm an electrician wannabe trucker starting training for my cdl this spring. I've been researching the industry for some time now, and obviously want to get some experience before even contacting you, but want to eventually be a o/o if the economy allows me to do so in a few years. Want also to challenge myself with heavy haul. Do you have any recommendations for me as far as career moves to reach that goal with your company? My credit is soso but have a completely clean license,no dui etc, twic card, passport,good work history(25 years as an industrial high voltage electrical mechanic) and a great desire to enter the trucking industry. I live in upstate N.Y. about 45 north of Syracuse

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.