sammons out of missoula, mt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by broncrider, Nov 20, 2007.

1. seahorse

seahorse Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Boston,Ma.
    Can you make it on $500-$600 take home pay? I was told that trucks there are averaging $1.35- $1.75 per. mi.net. I did the spread sheet and it didn't work for me. I figured an avg. rate @ 1.65 . and after all expenses there was not enough left to make it worth while. IMO

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hup

hup Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    I ran into a Sammons O/O in Iowa the other day. Asked him what he thought of Sammons.. and first thing he said was "Best company I've ever worked for!" then added, "as an O/O."

Says you get 100% of everything.. from fsc, detention, tarping, etc etc.. (But said something about only a percentage of layover.. I didn't ask for more details, he was in a rush.) and that they leave you alone.

I mentioned that I heard about some drivers complaining about sitting for 3-4 days waiting for loads, or getting poorly paying loads. And he said that that was by choice. It is up to YOU to find loads, but Sammons' load board and 'dispatch' is there as tools for you to use.

In other words, Sammons is there to help you run your business, not run it for you. And he loves working for them for that.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I heard from a current driver.

4. Sammonsrecruiter

Sammonsrecruiter Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    We are averaging $1.60 a mile plus fsc to the truck per loaded mile so as of today $.56 for fuel.

5. TinmanChad

TinmanChad Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Georgia
    Sammonsrecruiter, could you tell me what the average payment is for the l/p program along with any other normal expenses that can be expected. Also, i love driving, but i also love being a husband and father(being at their sporting events and such), so what is hometime like? Lastly, what is the likelyhood of getting loads out of and back to southwest kansas? I appreciate any info....thanks.

vangtransport Thanks this.
  6. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    You have the choice from our load board, what our agents have or what you find on your own You choose.

7. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    Average pay down for L/P is $2000 to $2500 a month you'llhave good and bad months. Home time is up to you but if you are home you arenot making money. We say four plus weeks out is the average but it depends onyou the freight and where you live. Loads out and back from most anywhereincluding South West Kansas is low. Out is possible, run around for a whilethen back can be doable but we don't have consistency for out and back runs.

8. SMT4469

SMT4469 Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Arab, AL
    Anyone know what the freight with Sammons is like in the Southeast, around Alabama?

9. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    We do well in and out of the South East. Look us up on Facebook and many of our contractors are there that could give you there opinions.

10. timpte

timpte Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2011
    How is ur freight in the south central Missouri area. I live there and wondering how the freight was to figure on home time.

11. Sammonsrecruiter

Sep 16, 2010
    missoula, mt
    Central MO you would be better loading thru. Getting in and out is doable. If you want to be home (and empty) weekly it will be an issue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.