Sammons trucking L/P. The good, the bad, and the fine print.

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kritter11B3, Feb 24, 2016.

1. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Sounds like a cross between a medicine show and a used car lot. I have one word for this.....SCAM!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kritter11B3

Kritter11B3 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I won't say it's a scam. It's a lease purchase. But after running it for a while I'd have to say that there is definitely a lot of fine print passed off as "legitimate" buisness practice. Come to find out the reason they force the FSC on to the driver is so they can can take the cpm that the federal government allows them to take for "handling" fees.. This always puzzled me as to way they would take money for fuel that would cover fuel anyway. But my attorney sniffed that out.
    But in the end, if someone wants to buy a POS truck with a 35-40% markup over market value. Then add to that with the cost of maintenance plus 12%. Then this is the program for them.
    Luckily for me I had the right people in place to tell me to get out as fast as I can. I went to a lot and got my own truck and own finaning.. I'll be ###### if a company is going to tell me I owe them something...

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. Kritter11B3

Kritter11B3 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2011
  5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Did you do any research before signing the lease? If a company won't send you a copy of the lease before hand, to read and review, I have no sympathy for someone that is surprised with all the "fine print" after the fact.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    FLATBED driver getting $1.06 a mile? :eek:
    I think Swift flease drivers even run at a better rate than that.
    What is this world coming to smh

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Well this explains a lot ... ignorance is the bane of business. Don't know and don't understand what you're doing, you're doomed to failure.
    The government has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with a FSC.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    The FSC is actually figured even if it is a all in flat rate, Sammons doesn't get a cut of that as they do the linehaul. I don't think Sammons is the place for you if your not even able to stand up and say I don't want that truck. I had the same thing happen to me, I told them No, if you have more trucks coming in soon I will go the to hotel and wait, if not I will head home, guess what, got my choice of a couple other trucks that were being detailed. Maintenance sucks, been a ##### of mine since day one, but getting junk securement equipment and accepting it is your own fault. My truck had 450k on it when I got it, just under 700k when I paid it off. I paid about 5k more for my truck than I would have off the lot, but it was worth it in case I wanted to walk away. Looking at your numbers you are too busy running cheap freight and looking for miles, that was the hardest thing for me to adjust to, but I have found it better here to sit a bit and clear twice the money on fewer miles. This place ain't for everyone, they will let you haul cheap freight if you want, NO ONE will hold your hand here, but, that's why I like it.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Well said Kritter. Great to know you saw the light. However I, and many others, consider many fleece purchases a scam. They are no different than the pyramid Amway scams from the 1980s lol. But....people can only be scammed if they allow themselves to be scammed.

You got some excellent advice regarding getting away from the LP. Leech purchase.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  10. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Just another example of someone that failed and had to blame someone other than themselves.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  11. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Sorry but if you're doing flatbed and only getting $1.06 to the truck you're being scammed.
    Who in their right mind would run that cheap? Especially flatbed! Smh :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.