Sams Club in Layton, Utah

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Snowshoes, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Has anyone delivered to this unorganized, unfriendly, slow store?
    We deliver here all the time, and every time it's the same thing.
    If a produce load shows up, even if you are on time and they are not, if you don't have produce, you go to the back of the line.
    The guy that unloads is extremely slow and if you tell him you are running out of hours, prepare to have the F bomb to be thrown at ya.
    The work area is always cluttered, he has to handle freight twice just to get to a truck.
    I came here with 5 hours on my clock tonight. I am now out of hours.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    F bombs in Utah? Not very Mormon of him. Brigham Young is turning in his grave :)

thejackal and Grouch Thank this.
  4. RDBG

RDBG Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2016
    He probably said F Brigham Young

5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Ever tried talking to his superior and his superiors superior. ( Supervisor )

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Sad ppl like this doesn t care.They continue to be slow because they can.

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  7. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    I was there again last night and talked to the floor manager, he said 'I'll talk to him"

8. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Walmart dc to store are all garbage loads. Even drop/hooks suck. Dry frieght picks up at 11 am and delivers at or later than 21:00. If you're early Sometimes they will come right out, sign your bills, and let you swap. Most times they are slow coming to you or forget. But you don't wanna keep calling and bugging, cuz they can say "screw you wait till 21:00" one time I waited 5 hours to do a drop. The whole time staring at the empty in the dock...but o no cant just swap and go gotta let that 8 dollar an hour price of crap break the seal. Depending on the manager working they might not understand what you mean when you say "sign the bills so I can drop this trailer"

One time I show up at 1500; no empty wait till 2100. At 2100 the receiving guy says day crew left the dock a mess, give him a few hours. At 0130 2 Crete refers show up which trump dry frieght so it wasn't till 0300 I finally got empty. And I had a 0700 live load an hour away. Showed up at 720 and the shipper had the nerve to ask if punctuality was dead. I stared him down something nasty with tired bloodshot eyes and he says "back in to dock 5" guess he realised how close he was to becoming a statistic lol

Snowshoes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.