San Antonio Home Daily Run

Discussion in 'Werner' started by unloader, May 20, 2015.

1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Got orientation scheduled for Monday in Dallas. Oilfields ran dry on me and it was time to move on. Werner sold me on a home daily, Monday through Friday position, $.32 cpm. Not a great rate, but if I can make the miles on the daily turns I should make a respectable weekly pay.

Anyone here on a home daily Werner account? I have pending orientations with Heartland Express (5.5 days out, 1.5 home $925 week salary guarantee) and Schneider Costco Dedicated ($.37 cpm, 5.5 days out, 1.5 home). I am taking a chance on Werner due to being home each day.

unloader

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotRod1

HotRod1 Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    Haven't heard of this, are you pulling a flat or van

4. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    It is to pull a van, possibly reefer I think, and just shuttle between San Antonio and Laredo 2x per night. I'm headed to orientation on Monday so I'll post the details then.

I have one other local company on the back burner if this doesn't work out (despite not knowing much about it) and of course Heartland and Schneider as well. The last two being out 5.5 days though, I am going to see what I can drum up at Werner and be home daily.

unloader

5. TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm interested to hear how this works out. I'm from San Antonio and I'm at my first job with USA and after 5 months they put me on a dedicated route going from SA to Houston and back, off wed and thur, $800/wk min. It's nice to get home regularly after doing OTR but it's a new contract and it's really disorganized at this point. What should be a 8 hr day turns into a 12-13 day but I'm hoping things will improve with time.

6. will083031

will083031 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Any info of Werner SA to Laredo?

7. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This is an old thread but may as well finish it off. The account the op was referring to is a “netops” account. Day run is one trip to Laredo plus shags and the night run is two trips. Definitely not a big payday. I think they claim an average pay of 35-38k. (Unverified)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.