Schider vs. Prime Inc.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Honey Badger, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    I wouldn't say all, but in general class 8 trucks tend to have some "teething problems" compared to a junker car that's designed to be scrapped after 100,000 miles.

Really?

If a "rookie" does enough damage to a Prime truck - he's gone. Once you're in a truck at Prime you're there until its retired, unless there are major problems with it. I've only encountered a couple of guys who were moved out of a truck due to maintenance problems at Prime - and those two trucks were eliminated from the fleet.

The warranty that is offered at Prime for lease trucks (not that a company side driver needs to worry about this) covers almost everything. In fact considering the Schneider junk piles I see rolling down the road, Prime takes better care of their equipment than most of what SNI would call "road worthy." Just my opinion...

How about CSA's opinion on vehicle maintenance?

SNI 63.5

Prime 38.2

Case closed...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bherns43

bherns43 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    kendallville,IN
    How about CSA's opinion on vehicle maintenance?

SNI 63.5

Prime 38.2

Case closed...[/QUOTE]

since when did this become a pissing match all i was trying to say is that rookies get older trucks thats it, and yes you can have your opinion, but you know what ill still take my older truck over your brand spankin new cascadia, NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING JUST SAYIN BUD....

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Then don't.

5. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Ten years ago I started out with Schneider in an old International Cabover. It was a darned good truck. You could whip any trailer in any hole.:biggrin_2559:

6. bherns43

bherns43 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    kendallville,IN
    you know i say this to every person that ever has drove a cabover, i tell them i wish i could atleast once experiance it once and drive one doesnt have to be under a load or anything, every old timer i say that to they say lol no you dont, i say why not, i just wanna experiance it once in my life to atleast say i got to drive one

7. Tripp

Tripp Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Go to PMTG(car haulers)..they still use them.

They back and turn different,do to the trailer position..but the cabover had a good ride.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  8. Hawk E-6

Hawk E-6 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    I have driving for Prime as a L/O it is not a bad company you will be pulling refer and trust me some of the meat place that you will go to be ready to set. I have set as long as 36 hrs at Dodge City. Hope this helps you out

9. Hawk E-6

Hawk E-6 Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Prime does not trun company trucks to Lease once they are a company truck they stay to they get rid of them

10. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Not true. I had 68627 which had a company driver in it. I talked to him personally. He was switching to flatbed. He told me something was wrong with the drive lines and that I had a month left on the SiriusXM on the truck radio. Had shop check it out while I was getting a few things fixed and they said all was ok. They leased it to me.

When I switched to tanker and got a mid-roof Cascadia, I met the people (husband-wife company team) who were now in it. Someone backed into their truck and it had to go to the body shop. They were trying to get it washed (which they charged me for but didn't wash it.) I told them that the SiruisXM was still on but should have already been cut off, so it may be off any day. Also told them about the drive lines and they told me that the shop told them the drive lines were shot but it should be fine till they got their truck back.

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  11. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

since when did this become a pissing match all i was trying to say is that rookies get older trucks thats it, and yes you can have your opinion, but you know what ill still take my older truck over your brand spankin new cascadia, NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING JUST SAYIN BUD....[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. When I finished CDL training with Prime in 08' I was given a truck with a little better than 100K miles. Then when I left because of their 55mph BS and hit my first round with FFE I got an 09' Century with 11K miles. Second round with them same year I got an 09' Century with 33K miles. At Melton I got a 2010 with 57K miles. Newbies and experianced drivers get what ever is avalible and next in line on the roster. I will agree that the Cascadia is garbage though!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.