Schneider Bulk/ tanker school expectations

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by BayouBlue, Nov 17, 2015.

1. BayouBlue

BayouBlue Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Kennesaw, GA
    I interviewed with Schneider Bulk / Tanker today. Everyone i talk to seems really nice and professional. I go to Coraopolis or Pittsburgh PA on the 7th of Dec for orientation and training for regional tanker. I will keep an account of what I go through and post here so other guys don't have to go to the other forum.
    I still need to find out if I will be reimbursed for hazmat once there if I get now. But, I'm excited.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    not when I went failed it the first time right after breakfast I told them I had three cups of coffee they let me test again a few hours later and I passed with flying colors

BayouBlue and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. The job listings do say 'HAZMAT reimbursed with receipt.'

BayouBlue Thanks this.
  5. Chuck82

Chuck82 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Hey BayouBlue,
    I might be there the same day starting Dec. 7. I finish school this week.

6. BayouBlue

BayouBlue Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Kennesaw, GA
    I'm trying to get everything in order before leaving, I have a lot to do, I will be there Sunday the 6th. a load of things to get in order when moving from a day job to a regional job. I just don't want to bring to much or too little. how well do the bunk heaters work? I was just going to bring sheets and blankets and pillow. any way, hope to see you there chuck,

7. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    the bunk heater works really well with all of the curtains closed.. will easily roast you right out of the truck if you set it too high.

8. Chuck82

Chuck82 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Spoke with recruiter today, not hiring anymore for bulk, because slow season. Decided on their dedicated Family Dollar account.

I start orientation Monday in Indy.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Bunk heaters don't always work. Out of 4 trucks I had, only 2 worked with any consistency. Always carry enough to keep you warm if you're broke down with no power or if it just craps out. I have a -25 sleeping bag and thick blankets

10. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Both trucks I had at Schneider had heater problems. They only ran for an hour and then the they would quit. Woke up cold many a night.

BayouBlue Thanks this.
  11. shivver

shivver Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Pennington,NJ
    When it gets below 25, I NEVER shut the truck down.....asking for trouble there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.