Schneider bulk

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Bigcity1, Jan 23, 2016.

Schneider tanker division northeast

1. Good Money good choice

30.8%
  2. Waste of time no money

69.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bigcity1

Bigcity1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    How is Schneider Tank Division when is the slow season and what can I expect to make weekly. Orientation in Coraopolis PA. How is the training

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Interested in tanker after I get some time.

4. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    i was sent home from orientation at that terminal because of my blood pressure. i went through 2 bottels of heart and body extract and now trying ExtendOvite that i bought online with a prepaid visa gift card. maybe i made the mistake of eating dinner the night before the drug screen and physical
    [​IMG]

Bigcity1 Thanks this.
  5. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Sorry to hear that a quick Doc. apt. should get it fixed with a pill a day to bring blood press. down to levels so you can go back to what ever co. you want? I took a driver that i had hauled for his brother after kat. clean up so i had driven around him but when doc. ck. his press. it was 187 over something, they were calling meat wagon to haul him to ER. but I called Fickes truck lines (now Out Of Buss)where I was leased on they gave me # to med first walk in and they gave him scrip for lisinopril that got him on road with 90 day card next day and after 90 day ck. up a 1 year card was pocket.

6. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Instead of doing a quick fix which could lead to more problems down the road, change up your diet and cut back on sodium. Losing weight helps since your blood pressure will typically rise with your weight. Better luck next time.

7. BayouBlue

BayouBlue Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2015
    Kennesaw, GA
    I am currently with Schneider Bulk. Coraopolis training is intense. a lot of information in a short period, yes first day is drug screening, a physical test (lifting, balance ect). day 2 is walking top of trailer, It doesn't look high but some people cant go on top of trailer. The trainers and everyone in Coraopolis are all good guys, they all make you feel comfortable and at home and if you assert yourself, things should be fine. I will never forget my in truck trainer, very nice guy, Bob, really helped me out a lot. I am out of Savannah GA OC, but park in Atlanta. Most people are busy right now.
    All in all, Everyone I have met in the company is really friendly and make you feel like family, courteous, respectful. I would recommend.

Bigcity1 Thanks this.
  8. Bigcity1

Bigcity1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016

9. Bigcity1

Bigcity1 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Thanks Bayou blue I have another question how many miles per week do you get and also how much money is the 25-30% accessory pay per week on average

10. IndigoBunting

IndigoBunting Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2011
    America
    Hello, I am out of SB now and thankfully. My training was bogus, I signed on OTR and was assigned a local driver to train me. Asked for more training so I could learn my job but it never happened. Was assigned a worn out truck which spent as much time in the shop as it did rolling. Shout out to the mechanics at the Guelph OC! They fixed many things the shops in the states would not!

I remember being stuck at Cory with a boat load of drivers needing loads. My load out had a 3 am loading, but the plant didn't open until 7am. You learn to call ahead and not to let anyone push you around. You have to look out for your best interests because Schneider chews up drivers and spits them out. I drove for over a year with them.

Rotten trailers dropped off with a good report. I refused a trailer with brake parts dangling, they asked me to pull it from the tank wash to an OC. Told them to get the person who dropped it off with a good report to do it. Wet tanks that I put HIT on to dry them out myself, some plants will refuse a wet tank.

You will learn that many drivers ignore any and all safety requirements. You unload in Florida during the summer wearing a heavy plastic suit. I did all that, and refused to off load a Nalco load in unapproved containers. You will be asked to do many dishonest things, I refused.

Schneider is a soulless dishonest company. The driver is at fault for any problem so refuse to endanger yourself or your CDL any time you have doubts about anything.

That said I met some really great people and some amazingly pathological freaks.
    You buy your ticket and you take your ride. Be safe and you will see things and have excitement. Pray you get a good DBL.

By the way, the Houston OC is too small and on the weekends is packed to the gills. Park creatively!

11. iono12345

iono12345 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Sounds like you had some bad things happen to u...I'm currently driving, my only ##### was the first couple of months was slow. However, the past two 1/2 months I've been kept busy, good miles and pay has picked up quite a bit from the start. The trailer thing, I've only run into a couple of situations with bad trailers, nothing major, but yeah some of these other drivers need to pay attention and not pass off bad crap to others or the system needs to pay attention when something is flagged bad. All in all I'm enjoying my time at Schneider and don't plan to quit anytime soon....well until I need to take a small vacation....I"ve got a good DBl and other drivers are always willing to assist or teach you something new, and yes there are some crazy one's out there, love hearing their made up stories or watch the short fused guys piss and moan....good times.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.