Schneider Canada Info Post

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by terryg247, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Macneil

Macneil Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Sudbury, ON., Canada
    It'll all become second nature to you, driving in Toronto.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sether

Sether Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Ingersoll ON
    Used to run a ton of Toronto-North Bay and Toronto-Sudbury back in the day before they extended the four lane highways, enjoyed running that stretch, my only complaint was Fridays in the summers trying to get north with all the traffic going north. Was usually clear sailing by the time I hit Gravenhurst.

Macneil Thanks this.
  4. Kitsilano-Toronto

Kitsilano-Toronto Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2014

5. Kitsilano-Toronto

Kitsilano-Toronto Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Its weird that too tough to get hold of someone in the office inregarding Owner Operator info.!!! Their website has alisitng and info to American drivers and i sent an email that someone will call me for info but never happen!

6. marsheet

marsheet Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Hello everyone,
    I am going to start my training with Schneider here in Canada.do you know if they use manual or automatic transmission for the training? Thanks

7. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I've only ever heard good things about Schneider, TTC is a complete joke though, they taught me nothing at the North Bay location back in '05 except a thorough pre trip.

Only pulling an empty van on a 10 speed doesn't really prepare you for trucking imo, now that I look back at my experience with them i'm baffled with their lack of actual training.

8. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    I heard Schneider disables the jakes in their trucks is that true?

9. 6rider

6rider Light Load Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Ontario
    Well while we revived this thread I'd also like to ask if anyone on here is in the Choice program that is based in Canada. Guys from the states have been giving pretty good feedback but I was wondering how it is for Canadians.
    Also being a mega fleet I'd assume the majority are automatics.

10. terryg247

terryg247 Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I left Schneider bout nine months ago for what I though was a better opportunity. I was told then automatics were the way they were going and no new manuals were coming into the fleet. The jake brake rumor is nonsense, Schneider is huge on safety so disabling the Jakes would make no sense. It is difficult to get Canadian info regarding pay scale, benefits and what have you. Guess the best way is to contact the recruiter. I am strongly considering returning to the big orange as in terms of how they treat their drivers is 100 percent better than what I experienced at the company I left them for

BigHossVolvo and orcen Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.