Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. rottiman

rottiman Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    Ontario Canada

No ####...................................?

mickimause and TennMan Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    right, no #### he just said it was a fart, try and keep up.:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25512:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    mickimause, TennMan and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  4. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Coulda been a shart

TennMan Thanks this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Some guys can't trust a fart. What's starts as a gas giant can turn into Pluto in a hurry.

scythe08, 91B20H8 and TennMan Thank this.
  6. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    Alright, who all has had the new "protocols" put onto your trucks computer yet? There is no way I'm the only one who is absolutely frustrated with this 3rd gear 1000 rpm governor that is being implemented to "protect the drive train" BS. I've got a light 12000 lb load right now and it's aggravating the he'll out of me. I cant imagine how it's going to be with a full load. The whole cruise off when wipers are on isn't really a big deal. The no high idle is stupid but really isn't a big deal. I havnt tested the horn/parking break set up but couldn't care less. But this absolute ######## method of reducing drive train damage by governing 3rd gear is absolutely ridiculous. It does nothing but aggrevate the hell out of me and makes me wish I could smack some sense into the complete idiotic desk jockey who I'm sure had never even say in a truck let alone drive one. Guys snap drive lines because they don't know what the #### they are doing, or they havnt been properly serviced (usually the first scenario).

With that out of the way, I get to look forward to a dpf filter cleaning/change. The check engine light decided to come on an hour after leaving Laredo after having a pm. I'm headed up to Aurora CO and will figure out where to go to have it serviced after I deliver this load tomorrow. Engine hasn't derated so I'm fine for now. :confused:

mickimause Thanks this.
  7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    1-3rd gear is limited to 10rpm at a certain speed, and yes its annoying. Thinking I can pull out with enough speed and then the governed kick in and I'm doing 2mph in the middle of the road -_-

mickimause and oragonads Thank this.
  8. oragonads

oragonads Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2011
    The Pacific Northwest
    And then you remember and try to shift into 4th but come out of 3rd so quick that you go straght into 2nd.

9. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Then trying to shift again but it won't pop out, then having to quickly remember how to double clutch to get it out of gear.

oragonads Thanks this.
  10. Silverking

Silverking Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Edgewater, FL
    I doubt It has anything to do with drive train. Since when do they care about equipment. I bet they figure they save a few drops of fuel for each truck times 10000 trucks and the mothership makes a few more thousand a week.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    They can stop pushing people through so #### quick.

mickimause and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.