Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Its in Decatur Alabama

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    In other news, as per SNI SOP they have added a new feature to the mobile version. Contact list. Basically the front page of the pumpkin pads. Seperate tabs for main numbers with ext to press and a maintenance tab that list the direct number for each shop.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Good laugh today as seen on the passenger door of a passing trailer

Just Say No To
    Drugs
    Cheap Freight
    Lippy Broads

5. mickeyrat

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    D/H and this is the available mt? if you insist......

20160503_112143.jpg

age shows as .06 on the app.

6. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    Major changes. Most of you know I got off the road in October; that lasted almost 6 months. Dispatching is no fun at all, honestly. Add to that the fact that my immediate supervisor will never win awards for honesty or integrity... I have honestly lost respect for the company as a whole. Being told daily by drivers, other dispatchers, and customers that I was doing a good job and they preferred talking to me, and then called into the owner's office and told "It's just not working out" gave me a bad taste. I'm hoping that my final two paychecks are actually mailed on time - at least the one for this week. I already know I'm going to have to go over both of them with a fine-toothed comb to verify that I get paid for everything I did. I personally witnessed my supervisor tell payroll to "hold [driver]'s check for as long as you can manage" when another driver left. Illegal as Hades, particularly when there was no reason other than pique to hold it. I cannot in good conscience recommend this company to anyone. At least, not the tanker side of it.

Back off the road, temporarily. And by temporarily, I mean for this week. New gig starts Monday. Going to be doing some RV hauling. No, I don't expect to become a millionaire. I expect to keep the bills paid and still enjoy time with my husband, who is going with me. He says he is going to get at least his chauffeur's endorsement so he can drive with me - we will see. If he likes it, and we do well, the purchase of a larger truck with a sleeper may be in the works. He's been pushing me to buy a tractor since I got my CDL two years ago, anyway. Time will tell, and there will be many bills eliminated before that step is taken - car, truck, motorcycles, credit cards, and the house, if I have my say! ;)

I'd have been on the road this week, except that hubby went, with truck and trailer, to meet eldest boychild as he returned from deployment - partly to meet the kid, but mostly to return the bike parts we had painted as birthday/Christmas/every holiday except Steak and BJ day/promotion gifts and to reassemble the kid's bike. Giant success - kid was literally struck dumb by the unexpected appearance of his father (I am not exaggerating when I say 'literally' - he had no words, and stood there like a baby bird waiting for food!!!). There is video proof of the shock of seeing his bike reassembled - it was awesome!

I will continue to peruse the site, and post when I can. I miss chatting with you all!!

7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    It's getting worse here too so good thing you're not a pumpkin any longer.

Good for you standing up for your beliefs.

Don't let him drive the Truck with an RV behind it (remember the incident with yours).

Tell your Son my Family and I thank him for his service. And thank you and your husband for raising a son who's willing to sacrifice for those who WON'T.

8. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    I think he'll be okay, as long as we don't have to go anywhere there are trees!!

And thank you for your appreciation. It does mean a lot.

TennMan Thanks this.
  9. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    @mickimause Welcome back stranger. Stay close to the MANCHILD and give him my # if he has issues dealing with his return to civilization. I'm no VA shrink but I'll do what I can. Good luck gashaulin`hotshotter

mickimause and TennMan Thank this.
  10. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Hey micki! Great to see you are still checking in from time to time. Hope everything goes well with the RV hauling, I've heard it's a decent gig. Glad to hear that your son is back safe and sound and I hope he has plenty of time to enjoy his new bike. Keep us updated.

TennMan, mickimause and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Same to you, DFO.......good to see you're still with us

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.