Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    Nice to know you're still around, too, DFO! I miss reading your insights - hope all is going well with you, too!

Doc, the kid is still active, re-upped last June, got promoted to Sergeant on March 1 - celebrated by purchasing a brand new V-Rod Muscle. Brat didn't buy me one... Now he has 2 bikes (well, 3 - the one he bought his other mom is still in his name); I think he is being selfish but he doesn't agree. He is also a prospect in the old man's motorcycle club, which is comprised entirely of Marines and FMF Corpsmen, active, former, and/or retired. I will forward your number if he wants it, though.

I'm looking forward to the RV gig - I think we'll be fine, financially. We already have the truck, might as well make it pay for itself! We will always have a big truck - meaning 3500, dually or no - so it's not like I went into debt to try this new thing. It's flexible enough that we can do our bike trips in the summer (MN, WI, NC, TN this year), and hopefully be out of the really crappy weather in the winter.

Off to find something to eat - hubby will be back tomorrow and I'll have to start eating/sleeping/functioning on a normal human schedule, at least until Monday!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I gotta say, third shift clerks rock. Went to a customer who.is usually a PIA with a Royal PIA load (9:15 load time). I wasn't on the consigned's schedule and the clerks just said drop it, we'll figure it out later. In and out in under 30 minutes. Had this happened during normal hours it would have been phone calls and at least one person (probably me) would have been reduced to tears.

mickimause, TennMan and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  4. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
  6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Articles email from TTR had an interesting one.

ABF and ODFL are now putting a surcharge on any freight originating in or going to California. It relattes to a labor board decision to require compensation for breaks etc on ANY employee of a company doing business in california. Its not much really but in LTL it could be a money maker. 5.92 and 5.95 per load respectively.

Seems a likely reason for SNI to reduce footprint in Cali.

Also in Katy Tx a former Knight driver murder/suicide a supervisoor and himself.

7. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    It wasn't a driver, it was a former office employee.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Yes it was a former driver who was terminated who committed the act.. He killed Mike the terminal mgr.

9. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I don't blame sni one bit for not wanting to operate in CA

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  10. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    An employee I know knows Mike and his family and use to work with him. They are leaving for the funeral Sunday. They stated the initial reports states it was a former driver but it was actually a former office employee who was fired a few weeks back. Idk, maybe they are wrong.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    FWIW news reports havent stated much n that regard. Neither has the sheriff's office.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.