Schneider Chat Room version 2.0

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by mickeyrat, Jun 4, 2013.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Ain't nobody got time for a wreck

Sipesh and AM14 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    Haha. Gotta love the way Kentucky welcomes you. Pretty sure Tennessee was running the same signs. Can't remember now, it was a whole 3 days ago.

mickimause and rickybobby Thank this.
  4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Yes it was TN

mickimause and AM14 Thank this.
  5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    "It's Schneiders fault I hit you, he took too long backing in"

That's a paraphrase from a driver of a beat up century after he hit the truck on the end of the row just behind his landing gear. My guy took a couple attempts, and a couple of guys were a little delayed in doing what they wanted to do, but it wasn't that bad. Especially in comparison to the 15 minutes with two spotters it took the guy to get into a spot.

I just find it hilarious he tried to blame me/us for him being an impatient dillhole. I've heard plenty of excuses for stupid behaviour but this is going on the top ten list.

6. Sipesh

Sipesh Medium Load Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Colorado
    Dear shippers,
    Maybe it's not the driver's fault YOU put 36480lbs on the trailer tandems, so maybe not be rude about having to rework the load? I assure you, 5k under gross, the amount of fuel I have in my rig with the drivers at 27k isn't the issue. Geez. Nor the 5th wheel placement with 12k on my steers. Soooooo.... yeah. In other news, I'm now 2 days behind for the week because of shippers.

48Packard, TennMan, mickimause and 4 others Thank this.
  7. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Another day, another trailer with a problem that I will get taken care of...but at least it's not a light or a tire. Leaking hub on TA953xxx.

...and does ANYONE ever fully sweep a trailer anymore? I mean more than knocking out obvious trash and easily visible debris? I don't know how some of our boxes get loaded...

8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Another 9 series, surprise surprise

9. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I have. A van force me off my lane and I side swipe a car. Lady in the van ran on foot, didn't have insurance. Automatically a side swipe is a preventable. I called safety and they said until there's proof, it's my fault. So showed my manager and other curious people in the office what happen. I sent a copy to safety. Next day it change to non preventable

10. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I broke down yesterday at 1700. In typical SEM fashion, after waiting 45 minutes to get someone on the phone, they assured me that a tech would be calling me within the hour for more info. Ok. I waited 45 minutes to basically talk to a receptionist. I've been through this before so Im already telling myself that hour will turn into 2. OK whatever, I can wait. I've gotten pretty good at pretending to be patient. 2 hours go by.. no answer.

I call again. Only had to wait 30 minutes this time. I foolishly took it as a good sign as they weren't so busy. Finally at the 3 1/2 hour mark, I get a message saying I'm going to be towed the SNBC terminal in Keasbey, NJ. Ok, now we're getting somewhere. 2100, a bat flies in my truck and I go running like a little girl. Fast forward to 0130. Roadside shows up. It takes him 5 minutes to confirm what Schneider already knew. I have to be towed. 0400. The wrecker finally shows up and we get to Keasbey at 0530.

The shop doesn't open until 0730... who knew? I finally get out of there at 1400 and luckily my load was able to be rescued. Best part is, the roadside tech and the tow operator both showed me on their tablets when the calls were recieved and the work order was placed by SEM. Schneider didn't make the first call until 2320. yea. I wasn't very happy. I get 5 messages a day about safety this, safety that, but they're willing to strand us on the side of an interstate in a dangerous situation all night. The last time I broke down it was 7 hours. I didn't think that could be topped but they did it.

On the plus side, I got to meet some really nice guys on the bulk side and the tech who worked on my truck was top-notch. I appreciated him actually taking the time to explain to me what was going on with it instead of getting the cold shoulder like at Carlisle and Indy. So thank you Keasbey for really taking care of this tired dock bumper.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well I don't think I'm long for my local gig with Pumpkin. Today is the second time at the end of 12-1/2 hour day the dude in charge of our operation wants me to drive across town to drop off a tractor. 10 miles each way through WTF holiday traffic, after I'm fried from working all day. Told him no. Told his assistant no the other day at the end of a 13 hour day. These guys are crazy. Your beat tired, here do this now. They are, they are nuts. I'm sure i'll get fired soon enough, oh well, i'm not ruining my driving record for a couple of maniacs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.