Schneider Failing

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by AllisonFitch, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    What did"hubby" do before driving?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Heavy Load Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Cape Ann, Massachusetts
    I actually did have someone break in; stole the dishwasher, tore out hardwood floor, and took the thermostat. Neighbors saw them in my house while the robbery was in process and called the cops.
    Cops said that there was nothing that they could do.
    Nice, eh?
    I guess that they were out being 'heroes' somewhere else that day.

4. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    I feel sympathy for her. My wife still barely understands what its like and why things happen the way they do and this is after two years of almost daily conversation with her about the trucking industry. Until someone actually does it, it is confusing to them because they don't understand the "why" of it all. She is venting, we all do, otherwise there would be no reason for most of these threads on this forum. It isn't easy being a truck drivers wife, especially a new one. That is why I recommended going team, or even just riding with him if she is able. Her job or children would prevent that, I know personally, or my wife would be in the truck with me....only not driving. I don't want to die.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I would FaceTime my family every night. We both didn't realize what I was missing so between her rare heart condition and kids I had to call it quits and I have a first in my life by having a early first shift job now. However I'm definitely keeping my cdl and endorsements current.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Are you still able to pass the physical?

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    If he wants home time, he needs to quit OTR and get a local or regional job. Honestly, the OTR companies don't pay enough for what they require of drivers. I scratch my head every time I read one of these posts, wondering why the driver doesn't just quit the OTR job and move to a higher paying local / regional job where they can be home every night or every weekend if they choose.

8. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    She probably meant local as in home daily. There is only one fairly good place where I live, Central Transport, and I would take a huge decrease in pay, so I know what she is talking about. I guess it all depends on location.
    Sometimes, at least where I live, the local/home daily jobs don't pay as much as I am making. If they did, I would have one of them. If they need the money, that's why he is over the road. Having said this, I am debating on taking one of those lower paying jobs. It is between that or get my own truck and really go for "it." I am just not happy with my current position, but I am sure my situation is different than the OP.

windsmith Thanks this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I did my physical before the pneumonia and my jaw being broken. I'm a health nut so I was in awesome shape. Since I have diabetes I do 1 year cards.

I start back work Monday very light. Also don't know if you have heard of the Kinect on the Xbox one but basically you don't have any remotes you set your self up and it's kinda like how they make games so realistic. So now I have a computer me. We have all kinds of sports games etc. I just ordered a fight game for it for my endurance stuff. You can do Zumba and a lot of exercise "games".

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I sent her a message about different companies because I don't think she is coming back to this thread.

Hamburger71 Thanks this.
  11. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Because all areas don't have those kinds of runs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.