Schneider Gets Trimmed

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by HousTank, Jul 4, 2015.

1. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    I am amazed every time when a truck get stuck on a rail road for hours,and then here comes the train full speed.There should be some kind of emergency number created for a train warnings or something.

4. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Most already have one. Notice the next time you're stopped at one.

Somewhere near the crossing arm control box or electrical relay box at the road grade will be a sign with an emergency number to call. Generally it's there to report crossing arm malfunction but it gets to the right people.

On more rural crossings without arms or signaling they should be added but the ones in high traffic areas have the contact into there.

Getting stuck at a light with your trailer hanging across the track? Completely avoidable. Only a sudden mechanical breakdown crossing the grade gets a pass

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  5. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Wow, it sure seems many trucks gets hit by trains at R/R Crossing.

In a rural area on the open highway one night I nearly drove right into t train. At the last moment I saw lights flashing on the other side of the tracks. There was a stopped car on the other side and as the opne spots on the train went by I could see the lights on the car.

Yet I just barely got stopped in time and thank goodness I had already unloaded going back to the chicken feed mill for another load. If I had been loaded I would not have stopped soon enough and probably would not be here.

6. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Call me silly... but I don't even begin to cross tracks unless I know there is plenty of room for me on the other side of them...

it just amazes me when I see any driver... truck or car stop on the tracks....

the other day I was in my personal truck.. an F150 and as I was crossing the intersection just few yards past is a railroad track... and traffic was backed up to tne track... so I stopped before the track to wait for traffic to move...

well.. idiot behind me decided to come around me and take the space I was leaving.. which put him stopped on the track with wife and kids in the car...

well... lights and bells started and the arms started to come down.. traiin was coming...

I backed up and over onto the curb and grassy area to give him room to back off the track.. but, apparently it was imperative for him to be on the other side so he pulled forward where there was no room....

rail arms came down on his car and so the idiot runs into the car infront of him and pushes it into the car infront of it...

someone must of already called the cops cause they were there in seconds...

anyway... traffic gets moving... backed up cause of a broke down car on the on ramp....

And he is in the back of the police car....

honestly cannot figure out that kind of stupidity.... has to be painful to be that stupid...

7. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    In back of a police are was a very good place for him.

8. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Some dummies just gotta learn the hard way. Bet he won't do this again at least.

9. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I bet he's gna check the "no defect" box when he drop the trailer

10. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    There is located on the nearest railroad crossing sign. Even when there isn't one present you can call 911 and they'll get in touch with the operator immediately.

In that situation it's only not the drivers fault if he/she didn't shift gears on the track or the train came a few minutes after.

11. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    An interesting note...
    In 1896 there were only four cars registered in all the United States. Two of them collided with each other in St. Louis.

Accident projections for 2025.
    By the year 2025 there will be 33 million people 70 years or older in America. This segment of the population will be growing 2.5 as fast as the total population. They will make up the largest percentage of the “turning left” and “rear end” accidents. Slowly but surely Senior Citizens have developed a higher accident ratio than teenagers. (This will, in time, seriously impact the typical Senior Citizen’s pocketbook). And also, by 2025, the total costs for motor vehicle accidents in the United States will exceed 450 billion dollars.

Just for your information.
    The world’s most solitary tree is located at an oasis in the Tenere Desert in Central Africa. There’s not one other standing tree within 31 miles. In 1960, it was smashed into by a truck.

Tonitos Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.