Schneider Lease-Purchase..

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by FreightlinerGuy, Feb 4, 2016.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I use paychex for my payroll services...have everything set up where they do the direct deposit and everything

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Just, out of curiosity. How are you folks doing payroll, handling per diem?

4. PXI Incorporated

PXI Incorporated Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    So as I am a man of my word, here you go sir.

ATBS

Offers payroll (complete and automated) meaning all you have to do is log in and submit your hours, mileage or whatever other variable you determine will "payout".

They calculate and adjust as well as submit all taxes via state, fed, UI, WC ECT. They offer an audit guarantee

The cost for this service is a $200 set up fee as well as $75/month

INTUIT

They offer 3 separate packages. The cheapest at $20/mn but this only calculates your taxes. YOU MUST input and file everything manually or via internet, but you are responsible for doing this work.

Their most costly as well as their package that is "automated" like ATBS', is $79/mn

I'm still unsure if there is set up fees for this one. I don't believe there are but have no definite answer.

Lastly and the one I believe I will be going with is ADP.

The reasons for my decision will be discussed later in a thread I have created
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...l-and-the-choice-program.322153/#post-5406496

But for all intents and purposes, I chose them because their prices are comparable, there are no contracts and you only pay a fee when you process payroll.

mxpx148 Thanks this.
  5. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    I don't do per diem. I don't believe it helps anyone but this is simply my opinion based on my own taxation needs and wants.

I choose to simply file my personal return claiming the allotted allowance at the end of the year.

However, the payroll services I've listed in my previous post here can assist you in the ability to claim per diem on your personal payroll or help answer any questions you may have about that process

6. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    Could you elaborate on the prices weekly, monthly and or set up fees.

This could help anyone looking for these services

7. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    So you're going to elect to pay the 15% tax on the per diem? Half on you and half by the corporation.

8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    You don't pay the tax on per diem. You deduct per diem to lower taxable income.

PXI Incorporated Thanks this.
  9. mxpx148

mxpx148 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2013
    NEPA, PA
    Thanks PXI! Here's one I looked into...spoke to them this morning:

Hi Sean,

Thank you for taking my call today. As I quoted you, your price would be $49.99 a month and $4.00 a month for each employee. This would be for unlimited payroll processes. Also you would get the first month free if you start up with our service in September. This price is good for up to 2 years. Most other full service payroll providers will increase pricing after 6 months to a year.

Included in our service are things like….

• Federal/Local/State Tax Deposits and Filings

• Free Direct Deposit for all of you employees

• Free Local Check Printing

• Detailed Payroll Preview before You Process (Assures there are no mistakes!)

• 24/7 Access to Your Account Online (Process payroll from anywhere at any time!)

• Free Quarterly and Annual Reports online

• Free Employee Access to Their Paystubs and W2’s Online (They’ll never have to bother you for paystubs)

• Free New Hire Reporting

• Free Labor Law Compliance Services Such as Posters and HR How-To Guides

With SurePayroll you can be sure that you will not be nickel and dimed like many of our competitors do. We only focus on small businesses like yours, and take full liability if for any reason you receive any tax notices or penalties.

There is also a 6 month money back guarantee and NO set-up costs!

I look forward to talking to you in September!

Best,

10. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    Income tax, never. But payroll taxes. Depends where and how you deduct it.

11. PXI Incorporated

Mar 31, 2011
    Ohio
    This is NOT true. NO tax must be paid by either the personal employee or the company at any point in time UNLESS the amount of per diem EXCEEDS the standard federal amount which is currently 80% of $63.

Meaning that as long as the company keeps the amount they are paying you "per diem" to less then or equal to this current rate, NO TAXES ARE DUE (pertaining to per diem)

If the company elects to forgo per diem, NO TAXES ARE DUE (pertaining to per diem)

If the employee elects to refuse per diem, NO TAXES ARE DUE (pertaining to per diem)

This information is readily available on the internet per www.irs.gov www.gsa.gov www.ooida.com or a plethora of other websites

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.