Schneider tanker or dry van

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Bucktrucker, Aug 24, 2009.

1. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Honestly, I don't know. I run dedicated for them up in the middle of nowhere; I don't know how how many or where their bulk terminals are located.

I gotta change that quote...basically it's a second hand quote with no actual proof of it being said...just what someone said someone else said. But either way...its pretty accurate, lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I never understand why people who have no info continue to post non/incorrect information.

First, There are IC's in bulk. (I am one and been one for almost 10 years) second the pay is 1.00 per mile. Most bulk IC's are based out of Gary. (a few have been moved to Reserve La, these are the ones who live in that area, in order to reduce the amt of IC's based in Gary).

As for living near a bulk oc, don't need to. As long as you live near an area where bulk does business you should be fine. (Dallas fits into this) We (bulk) have drivers living all over, you would see bulk trucks parked at many tank washes all over the country and there are no bulk terminals close. (Jacksonville, Cincinnati, Louisville, Augusta come to mind off the top of my head).

To the original poster, your best bet would be to call Schneider directly, there is way to much incorrect info on this message board. ( one of the reasons I don't post often, to many knuckleheads who think they know it all but really have no clue)

Good luck to you in what ever you decide to do.

4. david07003

david07003 Light Load Member

Schnieder is known for operating out of terminals. If you live in the NJ area, you are going to be working out of the Rahway terminal for their bulk division. As for the $1 a mile for an O/O or lease, other tank companies in my area at least, pay a lot more. Check out Quality Carriers.

5. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx

Actually if you are an O/O in the bulk side of Schneider you will be based in Chicago (Gary) not New Jersey. (Just within the last couple months they moved some of the O/O's that live in the La, Ms area back to Reserve) . As for QC, well yes they make more loaded (they pay %) but ask them how much they make when that tank is empty. There are both pos and neg to running % vs per mile pay. As long as you stay loaded, yes you can make more with % (then again 66% of #### is still ####), but when you start to figure in empty miles that takes down the overall rate to something close to what we get.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.