Schneider tanker

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by d_bassguy79, May 25, 2015.

1. Ali898

Ali898 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Knoxville tn
    I head to Pa Sunday for training etc then They said I will be working East of Mississippi so I pray for the best And hope I made the right decision .I have 2 years experience so many being a TE is something to consider.Thank you sir for your input.Much Appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    I run van side and if tank is going to the performance bonus metrics , you are given a little wiggle room. Like if you are stronger in one area that can boost your score to cover for a weaker area. the bonus pays out using a formula that uses your overall score( we need to hit 95% or better) x .02 x total miles driven for the quarter.
    they have set our metrics up so you can achieve greater than 100% boosting the bonus payout a bit.

4. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I agree that they are starting to get the bugs worked out, my miles have been getting better, I stay out alot so when I do sit I just get my hours reset, so I don't have to run recap. Works ok for me.

5. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Wondering how it is working for you? I am still in the oil field pulling crude but it's slowed considering my options which seem slim as I have 2 years experience but it's not considered OTR.

Any insight into the bulk side as far as average etc. would be greatly appreciated.

6. Number5

Number5 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I would agree with rz14nj on his experience with it being hit or miss with good weeks or bad weeks at SNBC. Myself and a lot of drivers have had that issue with finishing up a load on a Thursday or Friday and not getting anything until Sunday night or Monday morning. How often that happens can vary with whether you're a local, regional, over the road, or independent contractor, as well as how much freight is available where you are. This past week, I got 2,642 miles Su thru Fri, nothing Sa, hooking a load Su night. I am regional, so I don't always get that many miles, but it's usually around 400 miles a day for me. Accessory pay isn't the same for everyone, but suffice it to say that it's a notch below the industry norm. I heard the mileage pay went up for some drivers, but I haven't seen that yet myself.
    I would disagree with the statement someone made that all drivers with 10+ yrs are gone. Fact is, those guys get enough vacation that many of them are hesitant about starting over somewhere else. A number of drivers did leave when Workflow had a disastrous launch in March. And our relationships with a number of our customers soured as well. There are still bumps in the road with Workflow, but it has been at a point where only certain glitches seem to reoccur. A major headache is waiting on the phone for 1 and sometimes 2 hours waiting to get through to our extended operations support team during weekends and after hours. For me, the need for their assistance has been rare lately, so that's always good.
    I saw another comment that I don't agree with. That one was that most of our customers are 24/7 operations. Although some are, many are not available for receiving a load on weekends, and most of our customers have specific appointment times when they will accept your particular delivery. Some of those places unload your trailer for you, some require your assistance, and some places are just there to sign your paperwork and the unloading is up to you. As far as loading a trailer, not many places need you to do much more than drive it into position. After your trailer is unloaded and empty, the last thing you do is drop that trailer in the lot of a specific Tank Wash partner of ours, and then you're hoping you are on to another trailer right away.
    All in all, it's a place to start a career as a tanker yanker. If it meets your needs, you stay. If it doesn't, you move on.

Nighthawwk, Jbond and harlycharly55 Thank this.
  7. Jbond

Jbond Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Does SNBC have operation center east of pittsburgh? westmoreland county? IM from Latrobe and would be nice not to have to always run into cory

8. sicksfeet

sicksfeet Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2009
    line 1
    Nope. Just Cory.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.