Schneider Training Dallas, Tx

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by lild1524, Mar 10, 2008.

1. FFGomer

FFGomer Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Whiteford, MD
    As far as the long sleeve shirts go, SNBC issues you five long sleeve shirts that you pay $55 for and that is what they want you to wear. The cost really isn't too bad for them and you can buy more at any time at the same price

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ladydee

ladydee Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    be carefule a driver was shot there last month. they've beefed up security but the oc is not in a nice location.

4. lild1524

lild1524 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Livingston, La
    thank you for the heads up, ladyee

5. TankerYanker

TankerYanker Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Covington, La
    thanks for the warning
    :biggrin_25519:

6. Brian22

Brian22 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Yeah the Dallas OC isnt in the best location, It is right in the center of one of the WORST parts of dallas known as "Oak Cliff"

the guy who got shot made a full recovery, and they beefed up security big time at the OC and fixed all the holes in the fence and fixed all the broken lights that light up the yard and are going to be redoing the front entrance so you will have to go through a secured gate to even get in (the way it is now you can just walk into the yard and nobody would be there to stop you)

there is even a rumor floating around (i heard it from the guys at the fuel desk) that they are planning to install electrified fencing around the entire OC (they have electrified fences at the atlanta OC also

its just a #### shame that it took somebody getting shot to get them off their ### to fix a problem that had existed for a long time.

7. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Maybe the best job is security guard. Would sure have to pay me more than a driver to run off folks in S Oak Cliff. Might have to fight John Wiley Price or Diane Ragsdale.:biggrin_2551:

8. kd5giv

kd5giv Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Some questions about this particular school. I am supposed to get there for a study hall on CDL, that lasts 2 days. That starts April 30th.

1) I live in central Oklahoma. Do you think I will need a car after the 5 weeks training is over to drive to work or do you suppose I can bring the truck home when I do get time off? I don't own one yet, I've been renting them. Way too expensive.

2) How does working over the road work as far as going to work? I've worked in stationary spots but OTR driving is kind of a mobile job. I have read a lot of the messages on the forums that has been posted recently, but I'm not sure if you just go from home to pick up a load or go to a terminal and get a load from there. This kind of goes from question #1, since I would just rather go from home to trailer.

3) How do they feel about pets once you are finished with training? A dog would be a nice friend to have, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't allow that.

4) From their website it says:
    "Q. How many speeds are the transmissions?
    A. The transmissions are mainly 10 speeds. We are also adding hundreds of automatic shift transmissions."
    Does that automatic shift transmissions mean that 18 wheelers are moving to automatic transmissions like cars have done?

9. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Sounds like Get-r-gone got the shaft. I'm interested in driv'n also. I'm hope'n u fellow wannabes can give me some info. I checked the Sni web site and they want u to have a CDL permit. Whats up with that? I got the book. It looks like alot of information to soak in. I assume u guys got permits if your go'n to Sni school. What's going on, don't they teach the permit part in Sni class. How hard is it to learn the cdl permit stuff on your own, how long did u spend reading it or going over it?
    Also, has Sni stopped taken on NEW drivers?

Thanks and I hope it's going good for u all.

10. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    New guy here. I you can read about auto transmissions on this forum. They r automatic like cars, Motor Homes have auto's so they've been around quit awhile. US Exp has all automatic's the way I read it. Oh, I just realized u must know all this by now since u started April 30.
    Well, I hope it's go'n good for u. What r u hearing about Sni take'n on inexperianced driver's? Thanks.

11. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

schneider takes drivers and they need for you to have your cdl permit before going to school, if you take drivers ed in high school you have to have your permit. since they hire all over the us sni has students get cdl permits from there home state you need general knowlage airbrakes and combination vehicles written tests and you get your class a cdl permit if you read the book your state gives you and focus on those sections you should pass the first time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.