Schneider training question

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Ketchikan baby, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Am looking at S's training program. The website is not clear about the length of post CDL school training with a driver trainer. Can anyone who's gone through it help me out here? Their 800# call center is difficult to get through to and besides I would prefer hearing from someone who's gone through it. Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    My stepson is a "TE,,,training engineer " after orientation you go out with a trainer for a week,if you show promise,,back to GreenBay for further classroom, pass a road test and hit the road. At anytime you maybe required to take extra training for help. I think it's one of the weakest programs in the business. Jmo.

Ketchikan baby Thanks this.
  4. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    Your looking at Mon-Sat learning the SNI way at a Operating center(think gulping from a garden hose), then Sun or Mon you meet up with a Training Engineer and you refine what you learned until the following weekend(think gulping from a firehose), the next 3-5 days, your back at the OC refining, working with the Qualcomm and testing

gentleroger Thanks this.
  5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    So what they saying is 3 weeks total

6. dirtdog

dirtdog Bobtail Member

May 13, 2014
    I think I am lost...
    18 days total IIRC, for new drivers 1st week starts on Tuesday ends on Saturday its class/range/road. week 2 its 5-7 days with a TE. and week 3 its class class class and more class with SQT's finish on Friday hopefully with you getting a truck. This is what I have seen from Indianapolis not sure if other OC's do it different.

7. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The training is fine but I could have used an extra week with my training engineer, Not for the driving or backing but the QUALCOMM and to work over issues that will come up.

I'm glad it's not 6 weeks or longer with a trainer. That's just insane in my opinion.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  8. Samdaman

Samdaman Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    NC
    I'm looking at Schneider also... Do they have an agility test?....Is orientation and training paid?

9. warhippy

warhippy Medium Load Member

May 9, 2014
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Yes and yes....I don't remember the whole thing but it's on the first day and pretty easy to pass. Pay was $460 a week if I remember right.

Samdaman Thanks this.
  10. Samdaman

Samdaman Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    NC
    Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Did you watch the video in the other thread ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.