Schneider Walmart out of Wintersville, Ohio

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Schweiss, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Schweiss

Schweiss Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Yep - that's the one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Just within the last 3 years they replaced most of trucks on the Wal Mart fleet, the previous trucks had close to 1 million or more on them and was in service for 7 or more years. That's not me being dissatisfied, thats a fact.

Want to know another fun fact?? I'm willing to bet those current trucks, baring a crazy turn in emission rules, will be on these accounts for the next 7 or 8 years. Schneider has always treated the Wal Mart drivers like read headed step children, don't no why. Everything the first guy said was right, I still thought it was a good job, a lot of system guys come onto the account and still get the same pay so they clear about 60K back in the day out of Gordonsville. I was new and cleared about $35K but was pretty close to being home everyday. Once you figure out how to slot yourself and how runs work you could maximize your money. It might take you a few months but it's possible.

Schweiss Thanks this.
  4. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    No, they won't, Schneider use to keep trucks that long, even for OTR, they no longer do, they turn their trucks over every 3 to 4 years now. All the trucks in the fleet are being turned over by 2017.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sni is in the process of turning over their entire fleet over the next 2yrs...they will,be longer have trks that are,beyond the warranty for emissions repairs because it's too costly for them like everyone else.

6. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    i think it's more for the .3 mpg they can save than emissions repairs. the new fleet will be all dt12 auto transmissions. and the newer models come locked in ECO mode with the manual option disabled. they are junk.

7. jakecat22

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    They all have a gear hold feature with the option to shift manually, not much different than manual mode. I wouldn't call them junk. If you buy something to save money does that make it junk?

8. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    gear hold and manual mode is disabled on my truck. it goes into e-coast after a few seconds. i don't think this truck is going to be safe to drive in the snow.

9. jakecat22

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Um, what does e-coast have to do with it? Manual mode is disabled in all trucks, but all trucks are being updated with gear hold, if yours hasn't yet, it will next time it is in the shop. That truck is perfectly safe to drive in the snow......depending on the driver.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    He did a good job dodging the money part of the question .

11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    he addressed it without giving numbers because really its hard to say. He could give him a real CPM range for new guys to start from. Thats about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.