School Is Back In Session - And Cameras Are In Place!

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by STexan, Sep 14, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some unbelievable video in the web story of motorists not stopping for school busses while unloading but to be fair, in some of the situations, we're talking about kids being dumb kids and busses being in situations where there may or may not be visible stop signs/lights from the approaching motorists POV.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...t-by-school-bus-cameras/ar-BBw8C94?li=BBnb4R7

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    It's nuts. Last week in NC I almost got rear ended cause I stopped. Guy passed and blew past me and school bus.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I rode a few and radioed for cars to stop the ones who blew by. A ton of tickets etc. most were the upscale people that lived in the area.

w.h.o and scottied67 Thank this.
  5. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Idiots like that cost me my last grandparent.

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Hope they got arrested

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  7. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    tickets are simply not enough. points on the license, suspensions maybe even revoking a license.

until the states get tougher, more kids are gonna get hurt or die.

ignorance to the rules of the road are not acceptable, once anyone gets that driver's license.

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    It's sad people have no regard for their license much less others.

9. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    People seem to think if it's a four lane with turning lane that the rule doesn't apply.

10. Trucker Paul

Trucker Paul Medium Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Westland,Mi
    Probably the same people who don't use turn signals when switching lanes

11. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Stuff like this drives me crazy. It's usually some bird-brain staring at their phone because their Waze app or whatever is gonna protect them from road hazards. Or some rich snob with an expensive piece of foreign junk of a 4-wheeler that they think is cool because, even tho it breaks down a lot, and parts are extremely expensive, they paid 6 times what they could have bought a Chevy for, so they think they own the road.

In the small town I live in, there is a lawyer. No one likes him. He has prosecuted lots of local folks, and is well hated in the community. However, he almost never loses. He's ruthless in the courtroom. If you need to win a case, this is your guy. Expensive, but worth it. Been around here for years, made a ton of money, drives a nice car, and obeys no laws. Rolls thru stop signs at 25 mph or better. Sets his own speed limit. Etc. Cops won't pull him over.

I'm not saying he would run a school bus stop sign, not saying he wouldn't. Just saying, that's the mentality of some of the folks out there. "The rules don't apply to me."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.