Schools in California?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by BugAbusek, Aug 27, 2015.

1. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Recently applied to swift but got shifted/ignored numerous times over and i do not want to work for a company after the way they treated me and my brother in law. CR England offers #### near slave wages and from everything everyone has ever told me is that i should avoid them like the plague. Any companies/schools that will finance someone with bad credit (was a young military guy :l) or offer a contract to work for them in return of CDL training? I'm down financially and need to get into work and this career field has been one with a mind set i've focused on for a while but had issues to attend to first. I also hold a TS SCI 1/4d clearance, so any jobs that are involved with military based contracts i already have very good clearances in that department.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Dude apply to swift and then call the recruiter (if swift is where you go). It's like the military, you're already hired, they just weed you out for bad driving/criminal/drug use etc

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try Earl Henderson Trucking. They have a good program and a guaranteed minimum weekly paycheck of $798.00

There's also Knight Transportation
    Celadon
    Southern Refrigerated Transport

5. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Henderson isn't taking any individuals from colorado to the west coast, so i'd have to get back east on my own. Knight transportation has an age requirement of 22 and im a few months shy of it. Thanks for the other reccomendations!

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    KLLM and Southern Refrigerated Transport hire at 21 yrs. old. They both provide lodging and some meals at community college CDL programs.

Guess Henderson has enough students from the west; they did hire a couple of drivers from Las Vegas a few months ago.

7. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Going to research those companies and apply for them tonight! thanks!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. BugAbusek

BugAbusek Bobtail Member

May 17, 2015
    Celadon is a no go due to location. Southern refrigerated had the nicest people to talk to and even pointed me in some directions after finding out my location doesn't work for them, good people there though. Knights been hard to get ahold of.

9. Jamoka

Jamoka Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    More or less all the same BS they all make u feel slave for starting level salaries ! Werner is good to start too ...but you must finish 280 hrs. to get your own truck …not everyman’s case for this type OTR training ..if you can live with your mentor 24/7 in tiny stinky cab.. than go ahead.. they will pay 500 bucks bonus for this if u can .. not me i jumped out from truck at the end of the first week....

Schneider is better coz they don’t offer long OTR training which is really good for loners ..so in SNI you do go with your mentor only daily training .. from 5AM to the max 9PM Local and you ll be at home or Motel at the same day..

But …..

Two years ago attend the orientation week at the SCHNEIDER Fontana center and plus one week on the wheel road training ... but on the 3rd day quit and go back home!!!! ,,,,,,,, <<beside really good teaching materials very good class rooms and corporate HR system and peoples But !!! ..75 % A hole boot camp jar head drill Sergeant behaving rude and bossy instructors and non-well trained trainee road mentors !!! no more Schneider and wont suggest no body ..so if you are not desperate seeking for a Job .. stay a way

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Reason for edit: Grammar
  10. Paluche

Paluche Light Load Member

May 15, 2009
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Where in CA are you?

11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    TS SCI 1/4d clearance ?
    is it enough to enter Area 51 or Dulce Base?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.