SE Freight Systems London,ON Canada . A word of warning !

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Schooner 058, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Schooner 058

Schooner 058 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2012
    West Lorne, ON, Canada
    SE Freight are one of the biggest crooks in the trucking industry. In 27 years of driving the big rigs, I have never had the misfortune of working with such a bunch of incompetent, misinformed bunch. Everyone from the owners, general manager,operations manager, accounting staff down to the dispatchers. First of all being a O/O I base everything on numbers, numbers I got from SE. Sure you get promised miles, which is a major factor when putting a truck on somewhere, but you never get the miles you are promised. You are expected to run against HOS on a regular basis. I know of a couple of their company drivers who work in excess of 100 hours a week in a 7 day cycle. And to add insult to injury they charge company drivers for the logs, but not O/O. They have no watts line not even so much as a company phone card, but yet expect all drivers to use personel cell phones, to keep their business moving.
    I lost my Mother in law back in the fall, and needed some time off to support my wife in her lost, but was denied time off and threatened with expitied charges to cover my load, I took the time off.
    Payday is a gamble and always shorted miles or FSC, which in turn takes months to reconcile.The driver turn over rate is at 200%. Even the owners son quit after 7 years as a dispatcher as he was docked pay, for any driver related screw up. Company trucks are at the worst condition and SE will not repair them.

After 3 long years with them as multi unit O/O I pulled 2 tractors off, due to lack of miles and running my drivers through the hoop. I have tried to survive with just the one tractor with them and now on the brink of declaring bankrupt. I'm happy to report that yesterday I pulled my tractor and quit. When I relooked at the numbers it turned out that I was working for less than $8.00 a hour, which is way below minimum wage standards for Canada. I have signed on with a new company and with luck might be able to recover from SE.

I forgot to mention the owners of SE, built a one millon dollar house last fall and drives a brand new Jaguar, all this from the back of the drivers. Drivers a word of caution stay away from them. New O/O to the industry do your home work and crunch the numbers, if it not all it should be, GET OUT before it's too late !

pmcfee and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    ####, sounds like you had a rough time. Good luck w/your situation.

4. Schooner 058

Nov 1, 2012
    West Lorne, ON, Canada
    Yes I sure have had a bad time with this outfit, and ofcourse I did not tell all of the facts. Thank-you for your reply, I hope it can only get better at this point.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck, with whatever happens.

6. Schooner 058

Nov 1, 2012
    West Lorne, ON, Canada
  7. worldtrvlr

worldtrvlr Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hope Hull, Alabama
    SE Freight Systems sounds like my last company-use my cell phone and money to keep them going. That owner is like the man who owned Warrior Xpress out of Charles City Va. Had a good customer base-but after building a new home in Florida, a new home in Virgina, and buying an $80,000 military suv, hw let the company go to h*** then just closed the doors almost overnight. He even took all the driver records himself and dumped them into a dumpster beside a convenience store. That's what loyalty and hard work earned some of those drivers.

8. roadknight

roadknight Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Hey Brother drop me a line with your email address, got a couple of things in common with you. Remember rhubarb is for pies, not driving in.:biggrin_25523:

9. Viperedpete

Viperedpete Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2012
    So why are drivers so stupid then , we screwed up the industry and we promise them things like they are our buddys it looks good on us for not havingnany balls

10. roadknight

roadknight Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2013
    :biggrin_2556:now are you a driver, or one of these so called professional managers that bend us over and laugh all the way to the bank? Don't get your point there.

11. Trailers

Trailers Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2013
    I worked as SE Freight..I worked there for 11 months..You only seen the half of what is going on..I have to wonder what the hell the Ministry Of Transportation is there for when they have Companies like this one still operating.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.