Secondary air dropping

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by jchief, Dec 18, 2015.

1. jchief

jchief Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Hey guy's, got an issue driving me nuts.

Have an 06 9400i, air builds fine but secondary drops as soon as the compressor kicks out and falls hard and compressor kicks back on in under a minute. If I kill the truck the air doesn't fall near as bad.

HELP

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    You have an air leak somewhere, probably on your suspension

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you have an ISX it is probably the turbo actuator solenoid on the left side of the engine, air line to turbo or turbo actuator itself that is leaking massive air. This is one thing that the engine has to be actually running for it to be energized. Also, check your fan hub for leaking with the key on, engine off.

taxihacker66 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    I'll add that if you release the air to your trailer and it still drops, it's on your truck somewhere. Fill the tanks and shut off the truck. If it drops, you should be able to hear it. If it doesn't drop, like the other fellas said, check turbo actuator and fan clutch.

6. jchief

jchief Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Thanks guys. It is definitely the truck. Found a leak under brake. Going fix that one and go from there

Heavy, it is an ISX and ill check those also

7. jchief

jchief Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Doesn't leak with key on and motor not running. Sprayed actuator with soapy water and it didn't show a leak.

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, probably the turbo actuator solenoid then.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. jchief

jchief Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    I'm back.

Put truck in shop, Intentional draler, and they can't figure out what is leaking. Isolated fan clutch and I isolated turbo and it is still falling.

Help please.

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    If you put shop air to the compressor discharge can you track it down that way?

11. jchief

jchief Bobtail Member

May 14, 2014
    Sorry Heavy, been out of pocket a while. Don't know if it is possible or not. Truck has been at International Truck of Acadiana since Dec 21 and they still have not found the leak or fixed it.

I am getting truck tomorrow and will see if there is some way that I can hook up the air. I am loosing 20 lbs of air in about 75 seconds. Kill truck an the air drops 10 pounds immediately then slows significantly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.