Secured Truck Parking - National Chains

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by STexan, May 26, 2016.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Has anybody had any [short-term only] experience with any of the various large chain secured truck/trailer parking outfits?

Outfits such as
    http://www.securitytruckpark.com
    or
    http://www.fleetservicesparking.com/pricing.html

and I'm sure there are others. They don't have to be a chain operation and can be "local" but they should provide reliable, secured services and will work with last-minute customers 7 days/week, and can accept cash or credit card for short-term space rental and be within reasonable cab ride of a larger city or metro area

I know these are geared towards fleets who need drop-yard services, but most also advertise they are available for short-term use to individual drivers, when/where available. I was wondering if any can offer any experience with any of these larger secured parking outfits and could share your experience.

I'm just on an exploratory mission for future reference.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Lucky me... I too am looking for something similar when on home time... Not finding too many places yet around home and there are no Truck Stops around Charlotte either...

Looking forward to reading others experiences.

Thanks for the links too.

4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    My company terminal is in City Trailer in OKC. I think the monthly rent is $140, not sure if they do short term or at once deals. Lots of fleets, like Love's, Coca-Cola, use it.

They have a guard shack, parts department with good deals, full shop, and a driver's terminal with shower and laundry (bring your own towel). The downside is parking is on a dirt lot.

Chewy352 Thanks this.
  5. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    LOL ... The Fleet Services site has a tab named "locales & pricing" and I see they have a yard in Charlotte but nothing in the pricing area... Sent them an email...

Probably too pricey for a driver to use for home time.

6. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    could check out storage units that have outdoor storage for boats an rvs, if it can fit a truck they would prob work somthin out

7. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    For just the truck that might work but with a trailer they would need a lot of open space.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Worth checking into though... Thanks.

9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i mentioned it because i used one near my home, there were only boats and rvs there but the owner showed me a spot and asked if i could get it in there, i coulve fit but i ended up parking outside the gate on the grass because i was just lookn for a temporary spot and didnt need it secured. i hesitated to ask but did, so ya never know.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  10. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    What? I thought the Pilot in Charlotte was everybody's favorite? Where else can you get a front row seat to The Hidden Valley Kings?

11. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    http://terminalexchangeservices.com

I tried calling this one once when I was at one of their listed locations. They gave me a local number which I called and the person who answered said they only handle company or fleet parking and not individual drivers.

A lot of the time I will check Craigslist if I'm visiting relatives or taking extended time off somewhere. I have had some luck there. I parked once for a few days at a Utility trailer dealer for a reasonable fee. But only accessible during business hours.

I wish there was something like you say that was nationwide close to major metropolitan areas with easy access to public transportation or taxis. I have been using Uber a lot to get around different places. It is usually cheaper than a taxi and the car shows up on a map on your phone so you know how long it will take unlike taxis where you could be waiting forever or it doesn't even show up.

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.