Seeing our Country from a truck!

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chasing dollars, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Chasing dollars

Chasing dollars Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Colorado
    I wanted to start a thread about why some of us got into trucking. To see the country! And others to make some money.
    I encourage you to go for walks, hikes, bike rides, roller blading, swim, fish, while out driving your truck around this beautiful country we live in. Get out of the truck and trick stops.
    Feel free to post picks, with the location, on here so we can see what we are missing by just doing the same old thing all the time.

Scream'n Hauler Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chasing dollars

Jun 1, 2015
    Colorado
    Two miles south of pilot in Columbus, mt.

Attached Files:

tommymonza Thanks this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Wow, that's beautiful.

5. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I wanted and still do want to do OTR, but I run food service in the city and you get used to what you have and the job you have and it's scary to let go.

S M D Thanks this.
  6. Chasing dollars

Jun 1, 2015
    Colorado
    Hi Mike. I had a home every night union job and only worked 4 days a week and home every night. Lot of drivers would love to have that job. I got tired of it and the union is not what it use to be. If had responsibilities at home still I wouldn't be out here. If your single and don't have all those obligations I would say go for it. Food service driving jobs are plentiful.
    I paid off all my credit cards and bought all that I might need for the road before I put a application in. And checked out company's on here for a little while.

I think lots of people never do things they want to do because fear holds them back and most never follow through. Some times you just have to leap and put yourself out there.
    Good luck in no matter what you do. Some people would like to have your job believe it out not. Doing service delivery is a tough driving job. But pays descent.

O.Henry and Puppage Thank this.
  7. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    It pays to get out of the truck once in a while...

image.jpg

Taken outside wildwood, ga.

...and then again...

image.jpg

Sometimes it's better to stay inside the truck! :eek:

dennisroc, Orangees, Ougigoug and 6 others Thank this.
  8. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Hi Chasing Dollars,
    So you want to be a tourist. Nice ! Now after you look at those beautiful mountains out the windshield, look at that trailer you have attached to your ### do you realize a customer is depending on you to drag it to the consig on time ? You need to travel 600 miles, have 10 hrs left on line 3, will need to navigate Chicago,Dallas or Atlanta, oh yea, blizzard or tornados watches out, you haven't had a shower for 2 days, trailer has a tail light issue and its riveted into the frame,,
    I am not saying you can't enjoy the travel but remember it's about moving freight,safely, and on time,,so you can do it over again...safe travels.

BostonTanker Thanks this.
  9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Wait till he sees Montana in the winter!!

Oldman49 Thanks this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I love Montana in the winter....

truckon and Vilhiem Thank this.
  11. Chasing dollars

Jun 1, 2015
    Colorado
    Always a kill joy...... I realize all that. I didn't tell anyone not to do their job. Sorry if you don't have time to get out of your truck or run hard enough to take a restart. I didn't post this to offend you or anyone out here. My Apologies if it does. That's not my intent.

I'm from Colorado and drove Montana and the Rockies every week. And it's just as beautiful. :) Just slower going. I can sling chains on pretty quick. Montana sucks cause of the winds, plus the snow with it. Snow shoes and ski poles! :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.