Semi hits TDOT truck, overturns, 1 fatality on I-40

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Prom Night Dumpster Baby, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    http://fox17.com/news/local/tractor-trailer-crash-involving-tdot-crew-closes-i-40
    http://fox17.com/news/local/tdot-employee-killed-in-hickman-county-crash-identified
    http://www.newschannel5.com/traffic/overturned-tractor-trailer-slows-i-40-traffic

[​IMG]

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    "The driver of the tractor trailer failed the move over law". When are people going to finally get it? I don't see what's so hard about doing this

4. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Except for all those times someone sees whats going on and hits their throttle to pass before you can scoot over. Not saying that's what happened in this case, but it happens a lot. Maybe that driver had intended to move over and was cut off by "Mr. Impatient". He made the wrong choice of who to hit if that was the case. I drove by there going eastbound about 13:30 the other day. Regardless of what happened, it was a sad mess. Several people went to work and didn't get to go home. Most likely because someone was inattentive, impatient or both.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Even if someone speeds up, what's the problem with slowing down as much as needed to get over?

drvrtech77, flood, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If it is a company truck it's gonna be some long days for the other company drivers. You kill one of them and all hell is going to reign down both in the court room and on the roads. Even though I have seen some crazy things cause wrecks it is sad when it is always the simple stuff people don't do that kills others.

7. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    What does the move over law state?

8. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Most Trucks and four wheelers only get over for cops. Anyone else on the side of the road they blow bye at 65 two feet from your mirror.

It takes a lot for me to pull over on the side of the road, to many idiots in cars and trucks.

On a side note you can always tell the true professional who actually "slows down" to let my 64 mph truck in.

Prayers to the gentleman who lost his life.

Rocks, Lepton1, flood and 2 others Thank this.
  9. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    In english is says.... "Get the #### away from us, we are walking on the side of the road here!"

10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    man, no kidding. It sometimes seems like the only option people are given is to move FASTER than the car beside them. There's always a choice "B".........slow down and get behind THEM.......
    man, you don't always have to be FIRST!!!!

drvrtech77 and flood Thank this.
  11. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    UPDATE: Driver and company named
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/31852041/...n-fatal-crash-on-i-40-identified-as-texas-man

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.