semi TRACTOR with built in forklift

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Freebird135, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    seem to me it is chepaer solution. Palfinger is the expencive toy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008
    thanks for images and info

do you know who make it?

do you have problems with lifting of front axle

it have pretty big reach for forklift but still very complicated to work with i would still rather want crane

how do you work with do you need enter in cab every time? you move it or it has external driving functions

and if you need to enter cab each time do you have problems with visibility

go for italians they are cheaper

PK15500 in basic version cost 25000€ decent crane like pk23500 cost basic model at 38000€ if you will put additional outriggers and telescopes price can reach 50000€

4. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    Lifting of front axe is the real problem with EU cabovers with short wheel base

5. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008
    i think that truck from sclang01 post have shorter wheelbase and it is lighter on front axle

6. sclang01

sclang01 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    I have short wheelbase of 140 and my front axle wont lift. I have had it maxed out and cant hardly tell if there is any weight on it. They are made at menards I think they actually make there own. I do everything from 3 toggle switches in the cab (can be taken out of cab if needed) I do everything in one motion backup and lift my forklift at the same time as I lift something, no different than a regular forklift. Thats why daycabs work because you can see out of the back window. I would bet you that I could unload my trailer 3X faster with my lift than you could with a crane and your crane is only attached to your truck so your stationary where I can move wherever I need to place the product. I am looking at making one similar to what I have now, and I would say the cost is going to be right around $20000.

7. Jfaulk99

Jfaulk99 Road Train Member

May 16, 2009
    Couch
    It's great that it works for you. When I had my house built I bought a lot from Menards and the guy delivered stuff with a truck identical to yours. Still having done jobsite deliveries for 10+ years with a straight truck with a dump bed, then with a semi and a roll off trailer, I'd still rather have a piggyback lift. I priced a 4-way Princeton lift to jobsite 48' LVL and wooden "I" joists so I didn't have to drive the tractor off the road. Luckily I decided not to continue to do the job and didn't buy the lift.:biggrin_2559:

8. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008

thanks for answer interesting

i bet it is hard to see anything good

is it unstable if you are on soft ground

what is menards company that build them?

well problem with crane is if you dont have good pallets ( we have several type of pallets

best are EURO pallets , also good are industrial pallets with 1x1.2m but bricks are often packed on hand made bad pallets and it is problem to put forks below because they are low and bad build so you have to be careful to not damage pallet

as for thing crane vs forklift i would still prefer crane because i can reach with it high houses

if there is soft ground i can still access also i used to collect construction waste ( from demolitions and during new building different bricks pieces of concrete and everything)

also driving soil for yard-garden of new buildings and delivering gravel and sand and other products so i could load myself with this 10-20(depending on load) of those and i have full truck

[​IMG]

9. sclang01

sclang01 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Trust me I would like to have a piggyback lift also, but when I started that wasn't an option. The semi is horrible in snow and mud, and hard to get into tight spaces. I think the idea behind these were to eliminate the maintenance of another motor. I always hear the piggybacks are somewhat high maintenance, mine is pretty low maintenance if you take care of it.

10. sclang01

sclang01 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Actually its pretty easy, there are a few tricks to seeing good but I have a pretty good size window to. The lift is very stable never seems tippy, the truck is bad in places where its wet or snow for traction. I dont really know the company because you buy a truck when you start hauling from them, its not just a forklift they make everyday. Most pallets here are pretty standard so not much of a problem, I lift anything from tree trunks to trusses, its always something different everyday. I never realized those cranes had buckets on them that's pretty sweet.

11. 98989

98989 Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2008
    we have lot of such places on construction where you have to deliver load and crane allows you to stay on hard surface also lot of inaccessible places....

also here during construction of house we always have basement and during construction walls of basement are not cluttered with soil so it would be impossible to reach 2nd floor with forklift

this makes truck very profitable you buy full semitrailer(mainly 80000lbs of load) of gravel or crushed rocks in different sizes for cheap and deposit it on your land and load small amount of material on tipper truck with crane
    and sold on retail...

for example you can buy whole semitrailer with 780 cubic feet for 100$ and later sale 210q feet with delivery for 175$ so from 100$ you can make 650$ with maybe 40$ of fuel

so for 4hours you can earn 500 dollars with small 2axle tipper with crane

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.