Serious question..

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, May 17, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Why does Schneider make it's drivers without Hazmat sit through Hazmat videos and tests?
    I don't have Hazmat, don't want it nor does it have anything to do with my job activities.

Where's the logic in this? I'm trying to understand.

I mean they might as well make us watch videos and do tests on how to bake cookies because really it makes the same difference.

tazman74 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dogals right foot

Dogals right foot Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The Dreaded Northeast
    Because you can legally carry hazmat if it's under a reportable quantity.
    So it's better you're informed.

And they like to screw with us..

4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I'm going to go with... they like to screw with us.

Dogals right foot and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  5. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Because everything made by humans are hazardous, so it is best to know what is the most hazardous materials out there for both you and everyone else around you.

Better safe then sorry.

6. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    You want to know the logic behind issuing mass CBTs to the entire company regardless if you're hazmat or not? First off, they're only going to send out one set of CBTs to all the drivers, not CBTs specially catered to each driver.

Which brings us to the real reason why they are spamming hazmat to all the drivers. A non placarded schneider trailer receives little to no scrutiny from dot. We're bypassed on prepass most of the time, and when we go through the scales we just drive through.

However, when a placards schneider trailer pulls through the scales a schneider driver is about 90% more likely to be asked to come in with paperwork, and ultimately is also more subjected to level 1 and 2 inspections. I personally experienced this myself when the shipper provided me with improper placards and although I felt something wasn't right I went with it anyways because I was already late for hometime. Ohio dot pulled me in for a level 1 telling me this was the third time this shipper did this to schneider. I was cited csa points for this and so was schneider. Coincidentally, no more than a month or two after that incident schneider instituted the hazmat checkline, which you had to call in before leaving the shipper to verify the load is correctly placarded.

Bottom line is schneider probably gets dinged for hazmat violations on a very frequent basis and puts their focus on that regardless if you haul it or not.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Because it's a cover for subliminal messaging embedded in the video - a secret government funded mind control experiment.

8. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    This truck I'm driving will be hazardous to Schneider when I plow through an OC's front door with it and then beat random employees over the head my laptop which has their hazmat videos playing.

EHB and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    We are growing into a society of OVERKILL. Over regulation is weighing heavy on the quality of life. I think paranoia is running ramped in our country. There are many administrative people adding and adding rules and red tape to justify a paycheck. They are losing sight of practicality.

6daysontheroad and freightwipper Thank this.
  10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    ITs called CYA. To many people looking for an easy paycheck.

11. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    been on multiple computers, been on the phone with crossroads IT support and no luck.
    Schneider makes it impossible to even do the BS garbage videos and tests from your own laptop sooooooo now I have to go to an Operating center and waste my day. yay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.