Shady Termination.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Eamac2004, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Nothing you can do, you decided to run illegal so it starts with you going down that path. If you decided right from the start to say no, then possibly you could recoup some wages and money for recovery of your stuff.

I would just have all your stuff shipped back to you and find another job. But I would strongly suggest to you next time anyone asks you to run illegally, you say NO.

crb Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I didn't answer my phone in one post then you say all the guy needed to do was call me and say I was fired ... kinda wonder if he tried .. least know you know the long term feeling of running illegal and hopefully find a straight company ..

tucker Thanks this.
  4. Lynx1689

Lynx1689 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2016
    I don't get it...people are willing to protect companies but companies don't give a #### about anybody...state those ######## name...

thejackal Thanks this.
  5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    He did. Go back and read everything.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I don't think that's it because paying someone to drive the trk back to the yard1200 miles is very expensive,he would have just fired you once you got back to the yard.There's another reason behind this.

bzinger Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If you think youre very much in the right then hire a lawyer that's what I would do.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If that's how they want to operate, they won't be in business very long.

9. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    He did not try. I talked to him on Thursday because he needed some paperwork mailed. According to him on Sunday when I spoke on phone, it was picked up Friday morning. There was no indication of his intentions. I would have happily cleaned my stuff out and returned the equipment and flown home. You'd have to know the guy personally to understand the working relationship we had. I was pretty much the go to guy and Sr driver, to worthless. He's a felon, so it's my fault. I tried to help him with his company and got screwed in the end

NavigatorWife and magoo68 Thank this.
  10. Eamac2004

Eamac2004 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm not the stereotypical steering wheel holders type. I scourge dat boards for loads and occasionally dispatched as well. A pretrip to me is checking everything on the truck because everything affects fuel mileage including tire pressures down to how tightly a load is tarped. I'm a small company driver perfectionist, which is how small companies can compete. But to treat me like a best friend for 3 years only to get dumped LIke this is incredibly difficult to accept. I really think something else happened to him financially and he took easy way out. I think it is important to say I got 2 days vacation per week I was out. That's why the timing is stretched out. I was on a 10 day leave

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  11. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Being a felon matters how?

wis bang Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.