sharkey sucks

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by sucky9403, Jan 24, 2010.

1. sucky9403

sucky9403 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Sharkey sucks big time!! the 1000 a wk was true for me but had a run in with safety are dot doctor it was the most ridclous #### ive ever seen i would not work for them they are a horrible company the trucks are old and break down all the time and the owner is crap doesnt return calls just money hungry!

seawind Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Hey Sucky! Welcome to the forum! Wow, you came in with a belly full of venom against these folks at Sharkey, huh? I'm a wannabe but I haven't paid much attention to the posts about Sharkey. Truth is, I'd never heard of them. I just went back, a few minutes ago, and looked at the posts regarding this company. Seems all was hunky-dory until early this year, then all has gone south. Anyway, good luck to you as you look for other avenues to income!

4. jbshadow

jbshadow Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Over the road
    What problems did u have with doc and safety? As an old timer once told me, if its got tits or tires it's going to give u problems, all trucks break down, I dont care who u run for. Sharkey has been good to me, give me plenty of loads, run what you can, nobody bothers me.

Not a perfect company, but find me a company that is.

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  5. Short cut

Short cut Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Joplin, MO
    I am a driver for Sharkey and I stumbled on this post so I thought I would throw in my two cents. I've noticed that, out of the 600 drivers that work here, no one has posted anything. Must be because we are too busy working, spending time with our families, and spending all the money were making. LOL I've worked for Sharkey Transportation Inc for over 12 years. Most of the drivers around here have also worked here for just as long. The best way to hear about any job is to talk to the drivers that still currently work here. Not the guys who are negative nancys because they got fired for something or the guys who quit and Sharkey wont take them back. LOL Yea right, you should listen to those guys because they've got it all figured out! LMBO!!
    Look here are the facts:

1. Insurance is Free for me and my whole family. I can't tell you how much money that saves me. Especially with 6 kids.

2. I get to run how I want. I'm currently running Dedicated GM. (General Mills) I get home about twice during the week and off weekends. My miles are the same every week 2862. I can set my pay check to that. My gross is 1058.94 every week. Except for the winter, I don't hit my fuel bonus then. Then it drops down to 1001.70.

3. There is NO BULL ####! I come to work, do my job, and go home. I don't need my dispatcher to hold my hand or be my friend.

4. I really love my Compliance Bonus. As long as I don't get any log book violations, I get a $800 bonus every three months. I always hit that bonus to total $3400 for the year.

Those are the facts and I really don't give a #### about what any of you people say on here. Don't come to work here, I don't care!! Just more miles for me and my family.

mje, ozzzzzzzzy and Raiderfanatic Thank this.
  6. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    So, just curious, you went and dug up three old negative posts about your company and then posted same reply to each? Why?

7. Jaguar115

Jaguar115 Heavy Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Warsaw, Mo
    That negative post is 2 years old...looks like another one hit wonder..

8. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    My bad. One was a current post. And five dead ones.

9. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    A member here since 2009 and he only has 28 posts...does kinda make ya wonder. :biggrin_25526:

10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah, no doubt!

11. Short cut

Short cut Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Joplin, MO
    This guy is a joke! Probably got his dream job and screwed it up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.