Sheets..

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lone Gunman, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Souderton PA
    leaving for training in a few days, was told to bring sheets for truck.
    My question is what size sheet set do I need ?

Thanks

DustyRoad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Twin xl is what I use.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Most are twin xl but you might want to call the company and find out what kind of truck you'll be in. Even if they don't know what size mattress one of us will be driving a similar truck and can help you out. Walmart sells fitted sheet sets made of the same material as t shirts; very comfortable and relatively cheap.
    Frank

Riffman and Lone Gunman Thank this.
  5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I used to use the fitted queen, and now I use the fitted full size. (Has the elastic ) they both work great.
    I'd rather have a bigger sheet because I can't think of anything worse than having a sheet come off the corner of a mattres.
    Plus I like maroon colored sheets to hide the blood stains.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Twin large or queen. You need to get the shop to tell you what size the mattress will be. You will likely be drawing a issue of a brand new mattress on receiving your truck. The higher thread counts and straight material, nothing fancy on the sheet will mean you can toss em into the washing machine and not worry about shredding them.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  7. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    While your buying bed sheets, dont forget the memory foam topper.....4 inches of pure heaven will get you the best rest on the road. 99 bucks at walmart.

8. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Sleeping bag, until you're assigned a permanent truck.

runningfr8, Milo161, okiedokie and 6 others Thank this.
  9. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Seat cover said the exact same thing ...

scottied67, DustyRoad and tucker Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Also.

Hunt up yourself a pair or three of the body length pillows. Make sure they are each as big and long as you are. Get three of them. Then in a Petro or some other stop hunt up the black and white weaving blankets, get about 4 of those. Finally go to the Gander Mountain store or whatever sporting goods shop and buy a big square sleeping bag you can find. Longer than you and potentially able to hold two souls if necessary in the dead of winter with a dead truck at -30 Throw that sleeping bag under that matress in your sleeper. You will be able to nest into it better than that thin memory foam and steel.

IAM KING, DustyRoad and Starboyjim Thank this.
  11. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Some guys stop at the TTT in Tucson Az and drop four $100 dollar bills on a custom built mattress. However, If you dont like firm or extra firm the 1200 dollar beautyrest pillow top XL can satisfy even the most finicky cats. Money is no object when it comes to sleeping in my home away from home.;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.