Shepherd Enterprise LTD, Commerce City, Co

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by open 2 drive, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Anime Trucker

Anime Trucker Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2016
    I've been with Shepherd Enterprises for over 10 years and believe me or not they have been a very good company to work for even when dealing with disgruntled former drivers. I've worked for many companies over thirty years and shepherd treats their drivers like a family. I've never know the owners to lie to me and have been willing to work with me on many occasions when I needed to be home or to have time off in a city to participate in special events I was asked to be part of. And yes you run your butt off working here but it's how the game is played everywhere in this industry. Shepherd has been my home and my family like no other company I've been with, so like I've said, believe me or don't. But at the end of the day, I'm happy to be employed with my Shepherd family and will continue to be as long as I can. And for the trolls thinking I'm a company spokesman or getting paid to write this, your wrong. I wouldn't hang my hat anywhere for over ten years unless I was treated and respected like I have been here.

2. TheBigCajun

TheBigCajun Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Haha yep, they're desperate for drivers. It's like 2-3 of them now, with new accounts in the last couple days. They must think we're complete idiots.

5280_Ralph, Rusty Trawler and bzinger Thank this.
  3. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Man do I hate the term "game" when describing the trucking industry. Why? Why does it have to be a "game"? Why can't I just go to WORK like any and all other professions? Why do I have to play a "game" to make a living?
    I like games...horseshoes...hockey...corn hole...etc...all good fun; but I don't get paid to play them.

And on another note; why would I want to "run my butt off"? Why can't a guy just do his job, do it well, and go home to his family with a decent check without running his butt off? I got no problem working hard and doing my fair share...but I don't want to work my fingers to the bones just because a company (or it's owner/share holders) are greedy.

Stop calling my job a "game"---I don't get paid like an NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB player does.....I get mere pittance to drive a stinking truck. Pay me millions like those that play "games"....and you can call it anything you like. Until then, this is WORK, not a freaking game.

diesel drinker and damonarnold816 Thank this.
  4. TheBigCajun

TheBigCajun Bobtail Member

Dec 19, 2013
    I was thinking exactly this, but you said it better than I was going to.

5. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
  6. oilyragg

oilyragg Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2018
    nothing new at Shepard. They were on Smith road in Denver a long time. I rove for them.
    You did a run to SLC, then pedal freight all day there, then picked up a load at Americold ,US Salt
    or potatoes at Corrine,the same day,at ran back to Colorado,the same day. Old rick the the
    safety man(at load to ride now)made sure your logs were(plural for logs)good to go.
    If they had CSP visiting,it was for good reason. Now they are choked down by ELD's.
    Must hurt Old Man Dan!

7. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    I know this person isn't going to reply, but 30 years in trucking and still watching cartoons enough to have them for an avatar? C'mon now my little snowflake........

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.