Shift colors.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Bill51, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Hello.
    Retired Navy that just completed CDL school last month. Did the full course to include School Bus, Dump and Mixer.

So now the owner of an Enhanced CDL A with doubles/triples, tanker/ HAZMAT and the school bus/P1.
    Also got my TWIC. Had motorcycle from before, so I think emergency vehicle is all I can add now. LOL.

Now just researching companies to work for and looking around at general trucking info.

Bill

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    What type trucking are you interested in and where do you plan to live in USA?
    Probably get some good leads on jobs for new CDL grads if we know the hiring area you live in.

4. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Hi Chinatown.

In western Washington. Honestly on the fence about what kind of driving to do. Have an application in now for a tanker/HAZMAT position that might be M-F semi-local. Have heard good things about the company. Could also do dump. Could also do the oil fields in ND.
    But, I have driven my personal vehicles all over the US and really enjoy the western 11. Just thinking that if I'm gonna spend weeks at a time in a truck, it should probably be MY truck. But that can't happen until I get some time and miles in the seat.

Now that I have the CDL I have of course started shopping. LOL. Really like this one for some reason:
    http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/2009-International-PROSTAR+EAGLE-114575692

In the meantime I'll keep reading some of the great stories here. If I need help, I'll holler.

Regards.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I did tanker/hazmat and really liked it. Made some deliveries to Seattle, WA from Nashville, TN hauling acid.
    I'm originally from Tennessee but now from Las Vegas/Beijing.
    Beijing's pretty good for "Hey sailor, buy me drink, I think I love you." Not as good as Olongapo or Hong Kong.

Look at James J. Williams (tankers)
    Leavitt's Freight Service(flatbed/oversized/wind turbines)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  6. Bill51

Bill51 Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Got it in one. Talking to Curtis tomorrow.

Might have been standing right next to you New Year's. Got on the High-Roller soon as it started moving again, about 20 after midnight. We stay at Nellis whenever there. Coming up the Boulevard, right before we pass under the highway, hit that mexican food stand at the used tire place. Deeeeeelicious.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.