ShipEx - Anyone heard of them?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by supersnackbar, Aug 4, 2015.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I am curious about a company called ShipEx. Cannot find anything on a forum search. Does anyone have any info on them, or have they ever run you off the road or backed over your hood like a CRE or Swift?(I joke...I kid...at least about the run off the road part). Just wondering. 60k/year salary, not cpm (additional pay for exceeding 12k/month)....paid holidays, layover, detention, fuel and safety bonus'...almost sounds like one of those "too good to be true" scenarios

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i see their equipment behind Sapp Brothers in SLC
    all newer trucks and trailers
    $60000 over the road 3000 mile weeks should be the norm
    not something hard to attain

4. KyJelly

KyJelly Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Wapakoneta
    They are located down the street behind the Sapp Bros. there in SLC. It's the street that is east of the parking lot. I think it's a lot of young and possible foreign drivers. I have taken a coupla 34's there and see a lot of their trucks go by. Always clean newer equipment.

5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Heard nothing bad about them. The $60, 000 a year salary is definitely interesting and how I think trucking should be paid. They run reefer though and I want nohing to do with grocery warehouses

6. Patrick6240

Patrick6240 Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Sidney mt
    I talked to them before I came to work for, Great Plains transport,they seem like very nice people, my recruiter quit, right during the hiring process,for some reason, she said, to go back over the road, they haul pharmaceuticals,or something along those lines of products out of Ogden Utah,to the southeast,and then get a load back to Utah. That was what I was told. They do have nice equipment set at 65.The insurance seem kind of expensive compared to the 185 I pay. It was also cents per mile when I talked to them. Pay was 36 cents per mile on the low side for me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Cranky Yankee Thanks this.
  7. milehi08

milehi08 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2011
    denver,co
    I'm new at SHIPEX!, Been here 2 weeks, they seem to be really nice folks, I was issued a 780 vovlo and its in good shape.. Dispatch seems very disorganized through, but the ops mgr., took of the problem and apologized...She seems very nice.? We'll see how it goes from here.....

Cowtipper Thanks this.
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I saw their ad on a couple online sites for Florida drivers. I would imagine since they're based out of UT that WY would be a regular travel lane for someone living down here (FL). I know you have only been there a short while, but do they leave you alone once you get rolling(other than load info and hours updates)...and how do they do the home time being a salary job. (Never had a salary job, so I am just trying to get my head wrapped around how it would work in trucking)

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The one thing I hate about grocery warehouses are the loss of productivity from sitting...but with a salary paycheck, not that big of a deal as long as they pay lumper fee's

scythe08 Thanks this.
  10. blkheavyweight

blkheavyweight Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Just curious...can you tell me a little about how they do things over there?

11. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I guess we're going to have to call recruiting.

bobcattrucker87 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.