shock absorbers

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by chopov78, Mar 10, 2013.

1. tpolo

tpolo Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2015

Pitbull,
    How much were the OEM shocks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Confused

Confused Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2009
    somewhere else
    You should read the post someone put on here about Road Kings. It changed my mind about buying them.

4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    I'm considering new shocks too, leaning toward OEM for best ride though. Monroe are on it now..

5. M&KMIKE

M&KMIKE Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Volvo OEM shocks are pretty good. I've had a few customers come in and switch out Monroes for OEM, because the OEM rode better.

86scotty and KB3MMX Thank this.
  6. dangerous

dangerous Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2010
    sk
    well road king shocks are real good when they work 2 yr warranty on web site
    it took two months shipping back and forth till they got the shocks right from wrong shocks wrong bushings to wrong bushings i gave them the right dims the first time finally all matched my dims and they fit
    then 1 fell apart they tried to blame it on me like your tire hit it or it mounted to close to tire. that took a month.
    10-11 months after purchase only on truck for 10 months 3 drives leaking and one steer been in contact with road king and still waiting for over a month now to get ship to label and po for factory repairs.
    would i do it again? nope customer service is in the toilet, now i know why letstruck doesn't post them as good partners

7. tpolo

tpolo Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2015
    I passed on them based on what others had to say about their dust service. Who's got time to mess with that??!! I I went with monroe.

8. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Volvo OEM shocks are made by Sachs, which are double the price of Gabriel or Monroe.

I replaced my OEM with OEM and then because of Volvo OEM inflated higher prices, I replaced them with Gabriel and I didn't notice any difference from OEM, just 50% cheaper price wise than OEM.

9. Slow302

Slow302 Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    MO
    I tried monroe yellow shocks and they were worst than old volvo one. So Volvo OEM is better choice. Drives, steer or sleeper mounts Volvo is the only way. If you have heavy duty 14k lbs steer axle made by Hendrikson you must use Handrikson shock because Volvo ones wont keep up with heady duty Axle. Meybe some expensive ones are better but dont wanna spend $1000s for the shocks. Keep tire psi even, grease 5th wheel and make sure 3 axle alignment is good and you will see 350k on your drives easy

10. Ivan66

Ivan66 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2018
    With hydraulic shocks you'll be able see fluid leak on ... if shock went bad.
    With gas shock you'll find out tire getting bad and it's already to late change gas shocks you need new tire also .
    Unless you replace all gas shocks every year

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.