Should be starting Roehl in late February

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by majestyk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Well made the plunge today. Went to the DMV and passed all of my exams and got back into contact with recruitment to take care of some paperwork. Hopefully will be starting school there in late February. Used to drive for CCC Express about 20 years ago and enjoyed it so with getting laid off from my last position thought I would hit the pavement again. Really looking forward to starting as I am going stir crazy after a few weeks off from work.

wiseguy3501 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Do you have to go to a school in order to hire on?

4. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Yep. Waiting for an interview about the WIA program to see if they will pay for it in Wisconsin and if not will just go ahead and enroll anyway.

5. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    good luck i m starting about same time going driver solutions

6. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Thanks bro. Have you looked into any other places besides going through DS? Looked like the salary at PAM or USA would be quite a bit lower than some of the other starter companies. None of us are going to get rich out there but every few cents per mile counts.

7. hvxjim

hvxjim Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Would they not let you go to school in Smithfield, NC? That is considered one of the best in the country and only runs NC residents $900 or so.

8. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Smithfiled is quite a commute from Durham:) I have considered going to the SAGE school in Roxoboro as it is only 35 miles away or so and they have night classes but the school is 10 weeks with the night option. I may still consider the Roxboro option if WIA will pay for it but if they will pay for either option then I had just about as soon go to Marshfield for the 3 week school.

9. channel 19

channel 19 Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2009
    michigan
    tried ffe transportion not hiring stevens ,not hiring till late feb only problem is going under no worker left behind to get my school in but found out state has no money so i'm like do my year at ds get my c d l then look around see what available got family in greens boro n c they just got power on good luck

10. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Thanks, no loss of power here in Durham but going to get pretty #### cold tonight (11 degrees or so). Went out earlier to resupply the beer fridge and the roads were really mushy with the melted snow, show be a nightmare tonight and tomorrow when things freeze over.

11. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Took my DOT Physical today and after taking a real one a couple of months ago I kind of felt cheated:) Was not much done. Hope to get started with the class of February 22. If anyone else is planning on being there and needs a lift along my direction let me know (coming from Durham, NC).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.