Should I Trust Jill?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by terryg247, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Jill has many many miles on her.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    For the last 5 miles Jill is pretty okay and better than the aftermarkets. Still look at the place on Google maps ahead of time to orientated yourself.

I have the Rand McNally as well but most of the time I use the atlas and Jill and don't have problems except when my dyslexia kicks in. Yesterday the sign said "I-65 north left lane only". I made a very conscious and deliberate decision to stay in the right lane, wondering why everyone was fighting.to.get over.

RStewart and mickimause Thank this.
  4. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    Jill has a drinking problem. So does Samantha, but not as bad as Jill. Samantha is the voice of Rand McNally.

Love my RM. I use that, Google maps, our directions book, other drivers, and my memory (which is the least reliable of all sources listed). Disclaimer...I no longer drive a punkin truck.

Whichever otc gps you choose, get a truck one. Yeah, they're a bit pricey, but totally worth it.

gentleroger, TennMan and rickybobby Thank this.
  5. BuzzardTrkr

BuzzardTrkr Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Always verify its updated and still check against a map. Even the new ones will put you on a road under a low clearance or trucks restricted lane, or have you do bizarre things, and they can always freeze when a crucial step is close. The only current information is usually the current year map book, which identifies changes in restricted routes, etc., and if you write your directions on your windshield in the tinted area with a dry erase marker, you'll be looking at them and the road when you approach signs that advise you of merging and separating highways.

Jill is alright, but she sometimes wants you to do some weird things. She literally wanted me to leave Love's one time, drive under the highway, do a u turn, then come back under the highway and turn left to head south. All I had to do was turn right to go south.

mickimause Thanks this.
  6. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I just use a road atlas. I don't rely on gps. I will use one but I don't rely on it.

mickimause Thanks this.
  7. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I trust Jill as far as I could throw her still attached to the truck.

(For the slow ones that's not very far )

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    For use of my copyrighted joke please send three dollars. Failure to pay will result in a multimillion dollar lawsuit filled by the RI AZ that can be settled with a snortfull of dreamscile moonshine.

mickimause and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  9. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    When we cross paths I'll pay up if we're not in a commercial vehicle..... LOL

mickimause, 91B20H8 and gentleroger Thank this.
  10. PowerBstrd

PowerBstrd Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Jill is OK; better than she was five years ago.

Check your route against an atlas and Google Maps. Call the shipper; call the consignee to verify, then you should be good to go.

11. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    You'll probably get 5 different directions that way...none of them truck friendly. :biggrin_25523:

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.