Should Truck Stops Offer a Chapel/Church

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by thedragon, Feb 10, 2007.

Should Truck Stops Offer a Chapel/Church

1. *

YES, with full services (weddings, baptisms, sermons, etc)

16 vote(s)
    17.8%
  2. *

Yes, quick church services I need to get back out on the road (brief sermon, comunion)

34 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. *

Just have a part time minister on duty that I can talk to if need be.

7 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. NO

11 vote(s)
    12.2%
  5. *

I'm not religious so to me it would'nt matter

21 vote(s)
    23.3%
  6. *

Only if it's Rev. Matthew "The White Dragon" :0)

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Lucky142

Lucky142 <strong>"Give A Hoot"</strong>

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Most people feel the need for a quiet time be it prayer, meditation or just a time to reflect.

Most people have a need to feel a certain level of comfort in life and an understanding that all is ok.

A chapel can be a place for all, but not all will rejoice or use it in the same manner. Many will stay away because of the pressure for religious commitment, just because they don't believe and don't want to be hassled.

For those who need such a place, it should be available.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Most people have a need to feel a certain level of comfort in life and an understanding that all is ok.

. Many will stay away because of the pressure for religious commitment, just because they don't believe and don't want to be hassled.

For those who need such a place, it should be available.[/quote]

Well said
    With no service available then the ones who need the kick in the pants have no choice

4. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Yes, many things have been borrowed by cultures, but it seems far too many Christians don't know the reality of what is borrowed and what is supposed to be divine. Could it be the teachings have not been on line with theology?

Many questions about history of mankind and none answered appropriately by those who studied and profess religion. I don't have to quote, as the problems are not of the Bible; they are in the interpretation by humankind.

History is filled with those who have twisted religion into what ever they wanted it to be. Many of these atrocities have been made into movies and are history "Hollywood Style", but never the less, history.

Church is great for those who need the comfort, but I will take mine under a tall pine tree in the country while enjoying the beauty of nature.

Oh, by the way, I have and I do still read the Bible on occasion. I find it very interesting, but then I love history.

5. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    I didn't read all the posts but most Irving Big Stops have a chapel trailer on site with a person available most of the time if you wish to go see them. I don't know what all is available because I have never availed myself of their services but it's good to see it's there if someone wants/needs it.

6. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    I'd like to see one of those Churchs that uses rattlesnakes in their sermon installed into truck stops...we need some form of entertainment.

lol....j/k.

7. STL_FTE

STL_FTE Bobtail Member

im usually home on weekends but when i used to be out on the road for 30 days or more at a time i would try an find a church of some sorts to go to on sundays weather it be a truckstop chapel or one i drove by and saw it had a big enough lot to get my truck and trailer in an out of easily then i would go attend. lemme tell i met some interesting people in some of the churches and found out real quick to make sure what kinda church i was fixin to go into LOL but as far as making it a requirement for a church to be in a truckstop no it should not be a requierment bujt it owuld be nice ot see more chapels/churches in t/s

8. Lucky142

Jun 19, 2007
    Spokane, WA - USA
    Not to cause any bad feelings, but just for educational purposes, I think Spiritualism is the pay the living life to the fullest, yet like so many, my mind was first corrupted with stories from church.

I never felt it necessary to have a church or chapel in order to pray or meditate. Of course there are those who follow the Christian and other world religions and I don't, simply because; well, lets just say, the history of the human being has been written and to know the history as it has been written leads one away from control mechanisms that hold people in bondage.

Yet, spirituality is important and meditation is a way to reach inside to draw on the inner strength to get through life. I have no problem with chapels in truck stops, but I just can't understand why people don't look for truth. Rather the vast majority accept "Authority as Truth, rather than Truth as the Authority!" Believing blindly in something is following a trail someone else made and taking the trip without a road map.

The first known birth of a Sun God was 8,000 years before Jesus. Isis became pregnant without sex and gave birth to this ancient Teacher, Healer and one who walked on water; one with 12 disciples and was crucified, dead for three days and then resurrected. How many since Horus in the history of the world? Look to the histories of Egypt, Greece, India and the vicinity and you will discover many stories like the first one.

There have been many Saviors/Teachers/Healers, etc., born in such manner who died in the same manner, were dead for three days and were all resurrected. There were three Law Givers before Moses. The great flood we know about in the bible was not the first. As for the Commandments, you will find them written long before the Bible in the Egyptian Book of the Dead right along with many similarities to the Bible we know today.

Constantine? The Roman Influence on Christianity? Makes for good reading, but the end of times simply means the end of an age, just prior to entering into a new age. Those before Moses worshiped Taurus The Bull. Moses lived in the Age of Aries the Ram and the Hebrews still use the Rams Horn; Jesus age is the Age of Pieces the Fish (Two Fish that fed so many), the fish we see on our automobiles, etc., and Jesus was asked whom shall we follow next? His reply, "A man carrying water" Follow him!

In the year 2150 we enter into Aquarius. A new age. The end of an age is upon us but those living today shall not see the age of Pieces end, or the age of Aquarius begin. What is truth? Truth is in your heart and in your soul.

History:

Egyptian Book of the Dead The Bible

I have not stolen Thou shalt Not Steal
    I have not killed Thou shalt not Kill
    I have not told lies Thou shalt not bear false witness

The Very Foundation of the Judeo Christian Religion is borrowed from prior history:

Baptism After Life Judgement Virgin Birth’s Resurrection Crucifixion Ark of Covenant Circumcision Saviors
    Communion Great Flood Easter Christmas Passover, etc.

Baby in a Basket

Sargon - Placed in a Basket to avoid infanticide Raised by Royalty
    Moses of Israel – Placed in a reed Basket. Raised by Royalty

The Great Flood

Giglaumesh 2,250 BC
    Noah

From the Miracle of Birth idea, Net Holy Ghost – Immaculate Conception down through time we find identical stories about many to include stories not taught about or expounded upon by Church doctrine, even from the Bible:

The Old Testament The New Testament
    Joseph Jesus
    Miracle Birth Miracle Birth
    12 Brothers 12 Desciples
    Sold for 20 pieces of silver Sold for 30 pieces of Silver
    Judah-Suggests Sale Judah-Suggests Sale
    Began work at age 30 Began work at age 30

What about others from Earth’s History?

The followers of Cybele and Attis often chanted, "As our Lord was saved, so are we all saved." They called him the Savior of Humanity and the Good Shepherd. 6,000 years later much of the Christ Mythos would be lifted from this myth. However, the Myth of Attis endured for at least 6,000 years. The Jesus Myth is a relative newcomer by comparison. (http://www.aztriad.com/mythos.html)

Attis – 6,000 years before Jesus
    Miracle Birth - Attis was a son of the virgin Nana.
    Born Dec 25
    Crucified
    Dead 3 days
    Resurrected

Yes, the history of our Planet Earth back some 10,000 years or 8,000 years before the birth of Jesus, who was not born on Christmas but was given this date much later to satisfy the nature of the Sun's death and rebirth on the Winter Solstice. Not, my history. Our history as written before out time.

9. 51.50

51.50 Heavy Load Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Salem Oregon
    I say no because if you make a concession to one faith, you will have to accommodate every faith.

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    A) this thread is 9 years old.

B) If government makes a concession to one group they must make equal concession to all groups who ask. Private enterprise has no such requirement. Private enterprise must only respond to their customers.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Mobile Chapel used to be or are a fixture in a number of truckstops. They have been part of the scene for decades. Offering a variety of things. The old Harrisburg 81 76 had one which I considred my home chapel. Towards the end of my time on the road, I believe some of the Organization deployed into Russia to do work there. And their trucking is a bit rougher than ours.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.