Sick of being lied too!

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Mr sick and tired, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mr sick and tired

Mr sick and tired Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Good day folks. I'm a 42 year old male with 20 years experience driving. I'm looking for a job where there's money to be made with no BS attached, and a boss that can appreciate the time that I'm willing to give. I have been one of these individuals over the years who has jumped ship more times then I can count due to company politics, lies, not getting paid for things that I've done for these companies in there vehicles. I'm not an owner operator so there for my time is money. Most importantly I'm looking to relocate from Ontario to preferably BC. I'm not interested in anything extreme just calm and some what relaxing at this point. I'm divorced and expect quality equipment and if possible a nice little room to call my home in a relaxing setting when the work is done at the end of the day or week, whatever the schedule may be. I don't mind living in the truck 70 to 80% of the tume, but desperately need peace and solitude on my down time. I'm a good worker reliable and sick of BIG society, small town living preferably. If your looking for me then let's talk my contact is 8077073549 and my name is Chris

pattyj Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. orcen

orcen Heavy Load Member

Jun 30, 2013
    Brisbane, QLD Australia
    What does your abstract look like?

Good choice getting the hell out of Ontario.. If you want to run BC/AB it won't take you long to find a job here.

rachi Thanks this.
  4. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    You might get better opportunities if you advertised yourself as "Healthy and energetic" rather than "sick and tired". Just sayin'.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I like your screen name but in this industry you're going to be lied to.That's the name of their game.There's no perfect company out there no matter how hard you look.There goal is to make money and they will lie to get the drivers.That's just how it is and always will be.

6. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    Total BS........with all due respect.

7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Buy a good pair of ear plugs.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    No respect in that,anyway what did i say that was total BS and how so?How about you give the op a list of perfect companies?

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  9. Snoopycda

Snoopycda Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Edmonton Ab.
    If you are looking for a perfect company, make sure you pack a healthy lunch!
    With that being said however there are many very good companies out there, but if all you look for is fault then all you will find is fault.
    Listen closely to the person hiring you and pay attention to his answers to your questions. Look at their fleet, ask questions of people who are employed there. An old trick was to check the parking lot to see what the employees are driving personally. If they are driving junk then the take home probably isn't making ends meet.

I find many drivers that overstate their qualifications and almost always fault the company they just left. They hand me a nine (yes 9) page abstract of nothing but bad news and every infraction was because of the truck, the trailer or the dispatch, never their own. Yet they still chose to go out with no hours or obvious defects. It's your license, protect it.

10. Mr sick and tired

Mar 30, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Abstract isnt bad, certainly wouldn't have an issue getting work. But then again who knows I've left alot of jobs in the past 20 years. Now I'm to old and just want a job that pays and a bed, BC is actually where I would prefer to get myself too at some point. I'm divorced and need a home and have always the West.

11. Mr sick and tired

Mar 30, 2016
    Ontario, Canada

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.