Side boxes? SS door

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Tug Toy, May 27, 2016.

1. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    I am looking for an aluminum 60" side box with SS doors. Not having much luck, any ideas? I saw some on a step the other day that looked like they had SS overlay on the doors but driver was absent.

If not, what about the ones with the cam lock doors. I seem to be drawing a blank there as well. I have a couple of arow boxes but not to impressed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Brunners in Joplin. Easy to get to. I have 2 of their 5 foot boxes, tread plate box with SS mirror doors.

The door hinges at bottom, so opens out/down. 2 twist locks. Good weather stripping. I like em.

4. The Admiral

The Admiral Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Akron,Ohio
    Arrow offers SS doors on their boxes. Most all the mfg's do. I like my arrow boxes. I had Sturdy Built with SS doors but I thought the Sturdies were not too sturdy. My doors are the barn door type they swing to the left and right.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  5. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Is that manufactured for them or is it some other "brand"? Looks sharp. Do you remember the cost?

Never mind. I see they fabricate them. If you get a chance can you take a closer pic?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  6. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
  7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Thanks - was just thinking of you and the spread axle question, this kinda applies.

I agree with the sliding spread, because I run away from heavy freight like a screaming school girl, and would run with closed tandems most of the time. But - you see where those boxes are mounted? Problem - right ? Well, challenge, you'd just need to mount them elsewhere.

I could go with the lift axle on the front, because I have the dump valve on the rear, to save on tire scrub and fuel when light/empty.

Had I had my chance again, I'd have set everything up a bit different.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  8. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yup - all fabricated there. I don't want to lie to you on the cost, and it was installed before I bought the trailer from Utility, so I don't know what shenanigans went on between Utility/Brunners.

I'll see if I have a closer pic.

I'd just call them and ask "What's your knock down drag out best price on a 5' box?"

9. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    That ones a little closer.

I like the single opening boxes, I can't count the amount of times I've seen the double opening swingout doors all messed up with bungees holding them closed. For the amount of $$ in securements and tools in the contents of the box, I wouldn't want to risk having them come open and bounce down the road.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.