Six people killed by Truck in Chattanooga TN.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Air Breeze, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    A truck driver from Kentucky mowed down 9 cars and killed 6 people including 2 children last night at 7.00 pm last night. He came up on stopped traffic in a construction zone on I-75. Very tragic, my sincere condolences to the victims of this idiot and the victims families.
    I have no idea who this guy drives for or if he's an owner operator. The news report did not report that.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    xlsdraw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
  4. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    Sorry I don't know how to link. I never figured that out yet. The local newspaper the CHATTANOOGA FREE PRESS has more info, then the link that "flood" posted. I usually don't put something like this on here but these idiots killing people stopped for traffic in construction zones is becoming absurd. This is getting to be a daily occurrence.
    Honestly I'm starting to get a little paranoid around other trucks with the way some of these jerks drive. When I'm in a construction zone or stopped at a stop light, or slowed traffic I spend half my time looking behind me these days.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    You're right.

Somebody beat you to the punch by the way...

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s-hoping-it-wasnt-the-truck-this-time.288752/

6. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    I think the tailgating might be the single biggest issue I see almost Everyday.

7. Air Breeze

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I'm a Dinosaur from the old days. I think cell phones and texting while driving have a lot to do with this problem. I wasn't trying to beat someone else to the punch. I did not realize it was already posted. I'm not a ghoul that gets my kicks informing people of this type of tragedy. There is a lot of people who's lives have been destroyed by a fool. And all of the people who have seen this in the news will never forget it as long as they live. A lot of times I'm embarrassed to tell people I drive a truck for a living since most of them have a negative attitude towards truck drivers. This is another black eye for all people in this business.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    jammer910Z, tsavory, 77smartin and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Tonitos

Tonitos Light Load Member

May 17, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    May our prayers be with the families of the victims.

It's sad how one mans ignorance/negligence can cut short multiple innocent lives.

9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    This is what happens when all of us truck drivers push our weight around the highway like if it we have some special right of way. Cutting passenger cars, crossing lanes too fast, downgrading too fast, hopping traffic around when it rains, left lane'ing when it snows, 65+ when it hails, tailgating when the truck or car in front is 2mph slower.

You know who you are, and I see you out there doing these things. If you go 68mph and I'm going 62 and you do something I don't like, I'll see you at the TA 150 miles later fueling up on pump #9 and I'm going to come over and give you a piece of my mind and you aren't going to like what I say.

Pay attention !!!!

10. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    Wonder what the excuse is this time?

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.